Postworkout Shake Clarification

• This topic has 4 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Joseph Flaherty
    Participant

Hey guys, Ran CNS a few months back while injured and had awesome results. Since I was injured, I couldn't lift, so eating a ketogenic diet was really easy and I never had to worry about PWO nutrition.But now that I've recovered to the point where I can lift again, I want to cut on CNS while still lifting to expedite results. My biggest hangup is the postworkout shake recommendation: I've been looking thru the forum and people seem to consistently say whey isolate or hydrolysate, leucine and creatine is the way to go, and to not worry about the insulin spike.I'm just asking to clarify: if I have 30 g WPI, 5 g Leucine and 10 g Creatine or so in a shake on a ULC day, the insulin spike wouldn't throw off anything with the diet? Since it's coming post training, it will do more good than harm (in terms of blunting cortisol and sparking MPS), correct?I just want to know the rational behind that and also what would be an appropriate timeframe to wait after that dhake to have the next meal. 60-90 minutes?Thanks,Joe

Richard Schmitt

It does good and you've read past posts. It's ideal and recommended. The Shake you are using is fine. It's been mentioned before, prevents the body from breaking down muscle and helps growth/repair.Just like CBL, you can have a meal at least 45 minutes later.

Too scared to start my own thread just in case its already been answered so…. here goes:Can I use coconut water in my PWO shake? Can I have carbs (maltodextrin) in my PWO too? If so will the carbs in both be counted as my 30g of carbs daily intake? I'm 18% bf so trying to shift a bit of body fat but build muscle too.Thanks!  🙂

Spatz

If you are on CN -Yes to using coconut water, no to adding carbs.

If you are on CN -Yes to using coconut water, no to adding carbs.

Thank you so much!  8)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Postworkout Shake Clarification

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?