CNS + Ramadan

• This topic has 4 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Am now at day 2 CNS, i am muslim and now we have Ramadan which is a special month that we have to fast from the dawn to sunset (for my country it's from 4 am to 7:30 pm) .. during this period am not eating nor drinking anything. Knowing this, plz help me through these issues:1- i'm setting my short interval cardio training during fasting coz i have no other time due to my work hours, would that help me shortening reorientation phase?2- on my carb nites, when should i end my carb feasts assuming that i'm awaken all the way through feeding period?plz help

Richard Schmitt

1) Yes, as this has been discussed by Kiefer before. If this is the first Prep Phase, a full ten days is best if it is the first time. 2) Eat at night, during after 7:30pm, you'll have to structure it like a normal day/night schedule. So if you're awake during the day when you're fasting, after sunset you can begin the CN. This all depends on when you wake and sleep. The CN may have to be shortened from 6-8 hours to 4-6, just be sure to worry about getting adequate insulin spikes  is what you want.

I thought that by working out I could deplete carbs earlier, so u r saying that I should go for the whole period , nine and half days?

Richard Schmitt

Yes, if it is your first time doing the Prep. It is recommended. If you have done it before, then go ahead and do 7 days.

Penny Danner
    Participant

Am now at day 2 CNS, i am muslim and now we have Ramadan which is a special month that we have to fast from the dawn to sunset (for my country it's from 4 am to 7:30 pm) .. during this period am not eating nor drinking anything. Knowing this, plz help me through these issues:1- i'm setting my short interval cardio training during fasting coz i have no other time due to my work hours, would that help me shortening reorientation phase?

So you ARE eating after 7:30pm, right?  During the reorientation phase, I still wouldn't be going crazy on the interval cardio though.  1.  I'm assuming you are male and you'll burn through your glycogen quickly; 2. you don't have much time if you are eating at 7:30pm until bedtime to actually get many calories in for the day and 3. If you tried to do too much HIIT with the fasting and small eating window, you'll be creating a LOT of stress on your body that will defeat the purpose.

Thanks guys, that was very helpful.

cloudybrain
    Participant

momo,I did this diet last year, and it wasn't bad, in fact it helped me a lot and gave me an easier time.When you wake up for the early morning breakfast, make sure you have your fats.. your coconut oils, your butter, eggs, chicken, fish.. sometimes I even eat some steak as well.. with the fats in there. I also have a scoop of casein protein.Then you fast during the day until you can eatI eat a date to break the fast, or one scoop of rice.. keeping it under 25-30 grams.Then I eat more protein and fat.I do my workout (strength training.. lifting heavy with low reps) .. and eat another protein based meal after that. You really don't need to do HIIT or Cardio. But after my workout I walk for like 10-15 mins.. brisk pace (meaning if you talk to me during the walk.. I won't be gasping for air)Unlike most other people who do carb nites.. I don't do my carb refeed once a week. It really doesn't work for me. My friends do the once a week refeed, and it works very well for them.. but for me.. I start noticing weight loss in my second week.. and I'll keep losing weight until I hit a plateau (usually 2-3 weeks after my last carb refeed). Once that plateau is hit.. then I do a carb refeed. I've lost plenty pounds of fat doing this.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CNS + Ramadan

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?