A few major questions about CNS *Please Help*

• This topic has 2 voices and 1 reply.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I just started CNS so far so great. I just have a few questions that I want to clarify. 1.) My first Carb Night is a few days away and I want to clarify some food choices.  So far I have pizza, bagels w/ cream cheese, cake, home made potato chips that I am really having a craving for....are all of these ok for my first carb night? 2.) What is the word on cardio? Should I just not do it? I would really like to train for a tough mudder in a few months. And if I am lifting and running if i take in enough protein should I still see gains? Even if my lifting goes beyond the 3 day post carb night? Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

David M West

Good afternoon!  It's recommended to start your first Carb Nite meal with something lower in fat than pizza or chips.  Here's an excerpt of the literature for Planning for Carb Nite: 1.  Avoid soft drinks and fruit juices2.  Start with a full meal including plenty of starches3.  Treat yourself to homemade sweets4.  First meal should contain less fat5.  Drink water (!)To answer your second question, your goal is to run a Tough Mudder within the next few months.  Your nutrition plan should be a part of your goal and contribute to your overall success - it shouldn't be a hindrance to your goal.  Eliminating cognitive dissonance will definitely help your training experience. The ultra-low carb (ULC) nutrition plan will differ from other 'diets' and you may have to alter your training regimen based on how your body feels. Since I hate reading 'Listen to your body" without examples, here are some clues:

• If you train hard and are feeling run down after three or four days, don't hesitate to participate in another carb session.  Listen to your body, especially if you have specific training goals.
    • If you find that you are getting stronger without training 'to failure,' don't always train to failure and completely deplete glycogen stores.
    • If you're feeling fatigued during an extended ULC period, it's ok to skip a gym day.  Most athletes train at a consistent lower load than we think anyway, especially with the Cross Fit community's viral photos.

Lastly, take notes!  It's hard to see strength/nutrition results without a journal, spreadsheet, pictures, etc.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A few major questions about CNS *Please Help*

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?