Training in the morning fasted?

• This topic has 4 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Isaak Pelitidis
    Participant

Hi everyone,I have been doing carb nite and have been getting great results. But due to uni and work commitments I decided to train in the morning fasted before I eat my first meal. My question is do I anything before I train like coffee with coconut oil or cream? Or just nothing until after I train? I have been looking through these forums and cannot find a definitive answer on fasted training and what to consume preworkout. What is the optimal for performance or do we want fat loss? Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks. Btw I have both books CN and CBL still unclear

Richard Schmitt

If you're needing something because you're hungry, some cream (either HWC or Coconut Cream), and/or CO is perfectly fine.

shaffe43

I just do a pre work out shake. Work outPost Work out Shake plus creatine right awaywait 20 to 30 mins then coffee w/ heavy whipping cream or a serving of almonds if i dont have any HWC.Then im good till lunch.

Isaak Pelitidis
    Participant

If you're needing something because you're hungry, some cream (either HWC or Coconut Cream), and/or CO is perfectly fine.

Thanks for the feedback guys, it's not that I'm hungry I just want optimal performance so going back to pre wo nutrition is it beneficial to have sum hwc or co before training or nothing at all? Also want to preserve as much muscle mass as possible so would having any protein be of any benefit? I'm just looking for optimal performance and to continue fat loss in the morning thanks

Richard Schmitt

You could just do some coffee and be fine. If you have CBL, you could even do the Pre Workout Shake. I do.

Isaak Pelitidis
    Participant

You could just do some coffee and be fine. If you have CBL, you could even do the Pre Workout Shake. I do.

Thanks for the quick response Tex, but I thought on carb nite we don't want the insulin spike before workout? So the pre wo shake in the morning would spike insulin before the training session and negate the fat loss affects? I was just thinking on just having coffee with CO before I train then after have the whey ISO immediately after, followed by a meal 30-45 min later? Thanks

GonnaBeGiant

Your workout should be muscle building focused not fat loss. You'll benefit from more muscle and have better fat loss if you stop focusing weight training sessions toward losing. Think gaining. So it would be beneficial to have some type of nutrients in your stomach before beating your muscles down in the gym.

Isaak Pelitidis
    Participant

Ok so from what your saying its optimal to have the ignition formula shake before I train in the morning? So then it's not fasted correct? So this applies to CN as well as CBL if training in the morning?

Richard Schmitt

The MCT oil and whey mix helps give you a boost from the fat that is within the MCT oil itself and within your body. The Pre Workout Shake is a combination of fat and protein just like anything else. You won't lose any fat loss affects, because you're not having carbs before training. That is what stops fat mobilization, and that is what you want. It can be optimal to have that, but we're just saying different avenues you can take. The coffee and CO will be fine.

Isaak Pelitidis
    Participant

The MCT oil and whey mix helps give you a boost from the fat that is within the MCT oil itself and within your body. The Pre Workout Shake is a combination of fat and protein just like anything else. You won't lose any fat loss affects, because you're not having carbs before training. That is what stops fat mobilization, and that is what you want. It can be optimal to have that, but we're just saying different avenues you can take. The coffee and CO will be fine.

Ok sounds good thanks for the clarification Tex, will follow ur advise

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Training in the morning fasted?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?