Cereal choices for carb nite and back loads

• This topic has 5 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

The_Bear
    Participant

Hi everyone.Just a quick question for a carb choice with cereals... Over here in the UK, we don't have fruity pebbles sadly, but there is a wide array of cereals available. I'm just curios what I should look for, and avoid in a cereal choice please.So I'm thinking I'm going to start using them during carb nites as milk is a good choice despite what Ron Burgundy says, and I love cereal. So what is the best choices to make? Standard things like corn flakes and frosties? Just to add, what ever cereal I choose I will be dumping a ton of Dextrose powder on top too.

TCB
    Participant

I like the rice based cereals, personally.This is what I usually have... It's effing delicious and "clean" enough for my preferences. No idea if it's available elsewhere.http://us.naturespath.com/product/koala-crisp-cereal

The_Bear
    Participant

Looks good, but sadly I've never seen that one in the UK.I was looking at the typical Kellogs cereals like corn flakes, frosties, coco pops etc.Although, even if one of those choices above wasn't an ideal option, would the adding of milk and dextrose help make it a better one?

TCB
    Participant

No. Just because you add "fast carbs" to a "slow carb," it doesn't make the slow ones faster.I.e. you can add sugar to steel-cut oats, but the oats are still more slowly digested, regardless of the sugar.

The_Bear
    Participant

I did think as much. Thanks.So would something like corn flakes be ok?

agentmads
    Participant

Just a question in this context. Is rice cakes made from brown rice high enough GI?

Richard Schmitt

Just a question in this context. Is rice cakes made from brown rice high enough GI?

With everything else added to it, it will be fine. I used them.

The_Bear
    Participant

Any suggestions on the best criteria for a choice of cereal please?

When I use cereal's for CN's or CBL I pick rice based cereals. If I have rice krispies I will add either a ripe banana and a tbsp or 2 of dextrose. I mainly use fruity pebbles though. I have used Captain crunch in the past. I also like adding fruity pebbles to my ice cream.

agentmads
    Participant

When I use cereal's for CN's or CBL I pick rice based cereals. If I have rice krispies I will add either a ripe banana and a tbsp or 2 of dextrose. I mainly use fruity pebbles though. I have used Captain crunch in the past. I also like adding fruity pebbles to my ice cream.

Those kind of cereals have a pretty high sucrose content, don't they?

TCB
    Participant

Those kind of cereals have a pretty high sucrose content, don't they?

Rice Krispies, not really.Fruity pebbles/Captain Crunch, yes they do.I'm assuming Jlap goes with rice based cereals for the same reason I do.. they're a processed starch essentially. So they're high GI, and low fructose.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Cereal choices for carb nite and back loads

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?