Is this normal?

• This topic has 4 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Cole Lunde
    Participant

I had my 3rd carb nite yesterday and weighed in at 180 and then this morning I decided to check my weight fully expecting to have gained a good amount of water weight. I came in at 178. Is it normal to lose weight after a carb nite? I haven't been moving up or down much on the scale since the first week, starting out at 186 at 15% BF and now 178-180 at about 14%. My macros on ULC days are about 180-200g protein, 90-115g fat, and sub 10g net carbs. I'm a male, 5'10″ and 19 years old. I've done CBL and put on a lot of muscle over the school year at college but I put on a lot of fat too. I was at 18% BF in June at about 186. I lift 4 days a week and do HIIT 2x a week. I do the really heaving stuff within a couple days of carb nite then do higher volume and low rest for the other days. My first carb nites have been kind of dirty so I wouldn't expect to drop weight after them. Any insight on the weight loss or anything in general is appreciated!

Richard Schmitt

After a CN it can either go up or down, depending on how much water you flush out, how much your body literally metabolizes the foods, etc. It's normal, however I wouldn't expect it to happen every time.

Robert Gray
    Participant

You lost weight after a good carb night? I believe that's called “living the dream.”Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

+1 to what Tex said.Carbs can have interesting effects on water retention.  Usually you gain water weight due to replenished glycogen storage, which requires water.However, carbs can also act as a diuretic under certain conditions and can flush water out of you. 

Cole Lunde
    Participant

Thanks for the input!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Is this normal?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?