Serious health concerns?

• This topic has 7 voices and 11 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

chrisbless10
    Participant

For the last couple of months I have been following a modified Carb-night sometimes having 2 a week sometimes only having 1 and feeling great. I remember Kiefer saying that this isn't a lifetime diet that he likes to call it power dieting. So after a couple months and getting down to a sub 9 body fat percentage I decided to add carbs back into my diet more frequently but Iv been experiencing a lot of pain lately in my lower abdomen almost every time I consume carbs now. I know it isn't a gluten intolerance because I have tried eating no gluten doestn help. Im not sure if my body needs to get used to carbs again or if I messed my body up somehow. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also if there is new science where you can use carb night long term for the rest of my life, I would love to and I feel the best when I am eating like that so if that is a possibility please share.Thanks again

agentmads
    Participant

Don't know about the abdominal pain, would like to hear some of the more experienced users take on this. But Carb Nite is safe for long term use and not only power dieting. Kiefer only called it power dieting when he didn't knew the long term effects. He changed that to, you can use it for ever if you want to.

chrisbless10
    Participant

Don't know about the abdominal pain, would like to hear some of the more experienced users take on this. But Carb Nite is safe for long term use and not only power dieting. Kiefer only called it power dieting when he didn't knew the long term effects. He changed that to, you can use it for ever if you want to.

So the long term effects don't have any negative signs to other functioning organs in the body?

agentmads
    Participant

Not according to Kiefer. 

Jenelle Brewer
    Participant

Not according to Kiefer.

Or Dr. Rocky... who has been following Carb Nite himself for... 2-3 years?

Jenelle Brewer
    Participant

Also if there is new science where you can use carb night long term for the rest of my life, I would love to and I feel the best when I am eating like that so if that is a possibility please share.

Highly recommend Jimmy Moore's new book, Keto Clarity.  I am not finished reading it yet, only about 1/3 of the way in... but if you think about it... man, it just makes sense.  Really think back to our ancestors... who survived on meat+fat.  Not just survived -- but were not obese, and were not sick, sick, sick like so many are today.That is a book about remaining ketogenic, not about having carb nite once per week.  But my point is, there are lots of folks out there who consume very little to no carbs long-term, and they are thriving.As for your abdominal pain... have you tried digestive enzymes?  I have a good friend who is trying CN and she was really surpised by her stomach upset caused by carb nite also.  I gave her some of my Absorb Aid to try, and she said it really helped.

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

I've been on it over two years and haven't had any issues. In fact my bloodwork was done twice and both times they were shocked how fantastic it was after I told them my “diet”…

TCB
    Participant

Re: the abdominal pain with carbohydrate consumption.. You could try doing some prebiotic type therapy, could be some sort of dysbiosis. Something like the product Prescript-Assist may help out your situation. Pricey, but you'll know after one bottle if it's helping or not.

agentmads
    Participant

While ULC/keto is great for health, it limits your training intensity by a good amount. So if you like going crazy in the gym, ULC will most likely let you down. Just something to consider. Your diet and training must fit together.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Carb Nite is a diet you certainly use long term, however, I think once you achieve a good body composition, you should incorporate some carbohydrates in your diet daily or a few times a week.  Not much, but a 100 g every day would be a good idea.  This will greatly expand your food choices and variety of food is important for optimal health.  ULC really limits your food choices and I believe it can lead to nutrient deficiencies.  While paleolithic man consumed mostly animal foods, they had much more variety in their diet and they consumed damn near the entire animal.  Not to mention their foods were nutritionally superior. 

optimumhealth7117
    Participant

Carb Nite is a diet you certainly use long term, however, I think once you achieve a good body composition, you should incorporate some carbohydrates in your diet daily or a few times a week.  Not much, but a 100 g every day would be a good idea.  This will greatly expand your food choices and variety of food is important for optimal health.  ULC really limits your food choices and I believe it can lead to nutrient deficiencies.  While paleolithic man consumed mostly animal foods, they had much more variety in their diet and they consumed damn near the entire animal.  Not to mention their foods were nutritionally superior.

Agreed...nutritionally, our food does not stack up to what our ancestors had exposure to. ibob, would you suggest after incorporating carbs back into your diet (say 100 g/per day), would you do so in a cyclic manner with CNS? Meaning, go CNS for a period of time, go with carbs for a few months or so, and continually alternate? Have you seen results with this approach, or simply just maintain carb amounts around 100 g unless a lot of weight/fat is being gained?

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Agreed...nutritionally, our food does not stack up to what our ancestors had exposure to. ibob, would you suggest after incorporating carbs back into your diet (say 100 g/per day), would you do so in a cyclic manner with CNS? Meaning, go CNS for a period of time, go with carbs for a few months or so, and continually alternate? Have you seen results with this approach, or simply just maintain carb amounts around 100 g unless a lot of weight/fat is being gained?

Health and fat loss are two different things.  For health, I don't really think it matters if you have carbs every couples days or daily.  Just as long as the average amount per day is appropriate.For fat loss, performance, and staying super lean, I think that is where the timing matters.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Serious health concerns?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?