Diet drinks on ULC days

• This topic has 10 voices and 14 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Mervin Fernandes
    Participant

The only soda I've ever liked is Pepsi Max, but I know Kiefer recommends not to have any products with Acesulfame K as it raises inslulin.I generally avoid Pepsi max these days, since most of my drinks are made up of coffe with whipping cream. But at dinner sometimes I do have a pepsi max (3 times a week)Would this be a problem?What do regular guys following CNS do for their sodas? Hard to imagine all just give them up entirelyAny advice would be greatly appreciated

I drink diet soda all the time and have no issues. I think most people are probably okay with it.

Richard Schmitt

The only soda I've ever liked is Pepsi Max, but I know Kiefer recommends not to have any products with Acesulfame K as it raises inslulin.I generally avoid Pepsi max these days, since most of my drinks are made up of coffe with whipping cream. But at dinner sometimes I do have a pepsi max (3 times a week)Would this be a problem?What do regular guys following CNS do for their sodas? Hard to imagine all just give them up entirelyAny advice would be greatly appreciated

http://body.io/diet_soda_the_secret_to_fat_loss/

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I drink diet soda all the time and have no issues. I think most people are probably okay with it.

+1I drink Pepsi Max fairly often and I never had issues.  It shouldn't be an issue.

Mervin Fernandes
    Participant

Thanks all, but that doesn't that go against what Kiefer recommends about Acesulfame K and insulin?I'm surprised body.io has a write up regarding this I'll have a read throughUp until now I was only limiting this to night time thinking  that any insulin spike will not contribute towards fat (as per Kiefers philosophy of carb backloading) but are you saying it should be ok to have this in the morning or lunchtime as well?

Richard Schmitt

Lunch time wouldn't, I drink Zero Carb energy drinks at lunch or by itself in the afternoon.

Robert Gray
    Participant

I avoid diet sodas because of the aspartame more so than insulin issues. I don't think they would actually stall fat loss until you are reaching competition levels of low body fat.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mervin Fernandes
    Participant

Thanks all, will make rest a bit easy when I have a diet soda 🙂

Bradley R. Collins
    Participant

+1 for drinking them a lot.  At least one can a day, usually.  I try to limit it to that but sometimes 2-3 cans happen on a rare occasion.  Definitely not the healthiest habit I have, but doesn't hinder fat loss.

Jesse
    Participant

#WhiteMonster  8)

#WhiteMonster  8)

Man I wish they were cheaper, I would drink a few of them every day.

Jesse
    Participant

#WhiteMonster  8)

I know, they are the perfect energy drink for CNS. Mix a scoop or 2 with it and your zoomin' (not recommend though)! I like when the gas stations have them on sale, 4 for $8.

#WhiteMonster  8)

I know, they are the perfect energy drink for CNS. Mix a scoop or 2 with it and your zoomin' (not recommend though)! I like when the gas stations have them on sale, 4 for $8.

I get mine at Costco or Sam's Club. Still not cheap but I think it's about $30 for 24, which is cheaper than the gas station! I love those things!

Phatty

I chug a hell of a lot of pepsi max without issue apart from all the caffeine sometimes leaving me a bit wired. Can't say it has ever hindered fatloss.

backlash79

Some food for thought:http://arstechnica.com/science/2014/09/artificial-sweeteners-may-leave-their-users-glucose-intolerant/I'm personally on a Diet soda binge and IMO need to cut it back a bit. I had gone soda free for 2 years but then this past year it has been worse than ever.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Diet drinks on ULC days

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?