Fat timing and new podcast Dr. Lagakos

• This topic has 5 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Jonathan Cockerton
    Participant

Anyone listen to this? Kiefer seems to not recommend backloading fat anymore if you have eaten any type of fat in the last 3 days. Very interesting and def more fun on my carb nite!

Jonathan Cockerton
    Participant

Anyone interested check it out around the 37:30 mark.

Richard Schmitt

He never said to backload your fat, at first he said wait till around your last meal or later in the evening in his theory. After some more research, he believes that doesn't hold true, so it wouldn't matter when you had fat because of the last three days. Being on CNS or CBL, you're using proteins and fats in a specific time. Due to the insulin spiking.

Jonathan Cockerton
    Participant

Oh ok I thought at exactly 36:45  minute mark when he says he use to recommend to backload fat during the last meal…..must of misunderstood or took it the wrong way. Anyways good info thanks big tex!

Richard Schmitt

Yes he did before because of his theory.

agentmads
    Participant

But I don't get this whole thing. I mean, I don't see how adding extra fat on top off what is released by the body doesn't matter? I get that it doesn't make sense to try and do a 0 g fat backload because of the fat released by the body, but I would think that adding more fat on top would have effects?

But I don't get this whole thing. I mean, I don't see how adding extra fat on top off what is released by the body doesn't matter? I get that it doesn't make sense to try and do a 0 g fat backload because of the fat released by the body, but I would think that adding more fat on top would have effects?

No one is saying sit a add oil to everything you eat, it's just saying it doesn't really matter so if you want to eat something fatty it's not going to make a large difference in the grand scheme of things.

agentmads
    Participant

No one is saying sit a add oil to everything you eat, it's just saying it doesn't really matter so if you want to eat something fatty it's not going to make a large difference in the grand scheme of things.

Yeah, and that includes me. I'm not saying to add fats. My point is, if you eat something fatty you'll have more fat in your system while insulin is present than if you eat something less fatty, regardless of the fat released by the body. That gotta have different effects?

TCB
    Participant

Yeah, and that includes me. I'm not saying to add fats. My point is, if you eat something fatty you'll have more fat in your system while insulin is present than if you eat something less fatty, regardless of the fat released by the body. That gotta have different effects?

Not really. By the time the fat you've just eaten is digested and enters your bloodstream, the insulin surge from that meal is overwith.

agentmads
    Participant

Not really. By the time the fat you've just eaten is digested and enters your bloodstream, the insulin surge from that meal is overwith.

Yes but not the second or the third. The discussion is whether to backload fat also, or not.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Fat timing and new podcast Dr. Lagakos

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?