My Meals

• This topic has 3 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Jesse
    Participant

Happy Monday  😮I was hoping I could get some thoughts on the Lunch and Dinner I have been eating for awhile now. I've been doing CNS since March now, with some good results. The reason I'm asking about my meals is, because I have been stuck at 258lb and 262lb for almost 2 months. I still have a loads of belly fat and back fat I would do anything to get rid of. I fast from when I go to bed (10:30 - 11PM) until, usually 10:30 - 11AM. I wake up at 6AM and have my coffee x2(12oz) with only 2tbs HWC and 1tbs CO. As dipicted below (Breakfast), I then eat Lunch which is my Breakfast, at 10:30 or 11AM. My Dinner is spread out in 2 portions, one at 12:30 or 1PM and the other usually an hour or so before I lift weights. Snacks are all taken post work out, minus the Multivitamin. At this point I'm at a loose. I don't really know what I should tweak, I've contemplated switching to CBL-SA but I don't think I'm ready, body comp wise. I have attached 3 photos from one month ago, only difference now is I have bigger arms 😀Any and all suggestions are welcome. ThanksV5JQnrS.pngL86jE9K.jpgahBUpZ8.jpg

Richard Schmitt

You might want to consider in altering your macro intake, basically lowering your caloric needs during the day. Use .8g/BW at least for protein if not ten pounds lower than your BW, and use .65-1g/BW for fats

Jenelle Brewer
    Participant

Hello  🙂I'm not sure what your training looks like...But I agree that maybe you should try lowering your overall calories for awhile, to break through this plateau you seem to have reached.  I would recommend cutting back on the protein a bit (which will probably also cut back on your fat).  My personal opinion is that you could add in some fibrous vegetables to make up the difference.  For example, broccoli is very filling due to its fiber content.  You can eat asparagus pretty freely, also.So, maybe for dinner try 300 g of ground beef and add green veggies w/ some butter?  With your lunch, go down to 4 pieces of bacon instead of 5...  If I were you, I would tweak little places like this where you won't really miss it. 

Jesse
    Participant

You might want to consider in altering your macro intake, basically lowering your caloric needs during the day. Use .8g/BW at least for protein if not ten pounds lower than your BW, and use .65-1g/BW for fats

Thanks. I'm going to lower my calories to 2400 - 2500 and swap beef for chicken. Based off My Fitness Pal, I'll be taking in around 220g protein and 180g fat. 

Jesse
    Participant

Hello  🙂I'm not sure what your training looks like...But I agree that maybe you should try lowering your overall calories for awhile, to break through this plateau you seem to have reached.  I would recommend cutting back on the protein a bit (which will probably also cut back on your fat).  My personal opinion is that you could add in some fibrous vegetables to make up the difference.  For example, broccoli is very filling due to its fiber content.  You can eat asparagus pretty freely, also.So, maybe for dinner try 300 g of ground beef and add green veggies w/ some butter?  With your lunch, go down to 4 pieces of bacon instead of 5...  If I were you, I would tweak little places like this where you won't really miss it.

I currently train 3 - 4 times a week, I do mostly power lifts (deads, bench, squat, Press, Row and accessory movements in between. I do HITT on Mondays pre-weights. Then I use the Concept rower wednesday and friday and brisk walks through out the week. As I stated in my reply to Tex, I swapped the beef for chicken, fixing my macros a bit, i'll try this for a bit. As for veggies, I can't stand them. I know I should really be eating them, but my brain tells my throat not to swallow. I like the taste of them, but for some reason I can't swallow them... :-. I do supplement with vegegreens daily. I'll also take your suggestion and cut back one piece of bacon 🙁Thanks for the help.

Jenelle Brewer
    Participant

I'll also take your suggestion and cut back one piece of bacon 🙁

I am only throwing out suggestions because you asked...  If it makes you sad, don't do it!  Seriously.  😀Another thought:  Our bodies adjust.  Period.  So... maybe eating the exact same things every single day, day in, day out, is not your best bet?  Am I understanding correctly -- that this is pretty much what you are doing?  From my experience, it is best to keep your body guessing and not let it get to the point of a long plateau.  That is part of the beauty of CN and CBL.  So I'd say -- some days eat chicken, some days eat beef.  Have some variety.  Maybe let your calories be a bit higher on your more intense days, and lower on days you aren't as active.Another thing that has not been addressed here is -- what do your Carb Nites look like?  You could be making great progress all week, but if you are eating an enormous quantity of crap on CN... well, someone correct me if I am wrong, but my thinking is that you CAN over-do it on a CN.  Just another thing to think about.

Jesse
    Participant

I'll also take your suggestion and cut back one piece of bacon 🙁

Another thing that has not been addressed here is -- what do your Carb Nites look like?  You could be making great progress all week, but if you are eating an enormous quantity of crap on CN... well, someone correct me if I am wrong, but my thinking is that you CAN over-do it on a CN.  Just another thing to think about.

My CN's are usually whatever I'm craving. This past CN, I had, Chocolate covered pretzels, 3 chicken tenders, with taters and I  got some Honey Garlic pork from the local china store. I drank a little WPI shake with lucine, then waited a bit and had about 6-7 bite size brownies. Started CN at 7PM finished at around 9:30PM. Bed at 10:30. I have never been confident about my CN's. I never know what to start with. Like, should I start with Hi-Gi (cherry turnover) or a low-GI meal (white fish and sweet potatoes)? Again, thanks for the inputs.

Jenelle Brewer
    Participant

Started CN at 7PM finished at around 9:30PM. Bed at 10:30.

Try a longer window if you'd like another suggestion.  I was going to get my book out last night and read again about this -- but I KNOW he recommends like 6-8 hours for a CN.  I am not sure where the info came from, but Penny here (pensguys) always tries to get 3 separate insulin spikes on a CN, and no one argues with her.  😉As far as what you eat first, last, etc -- the vibe I am getting here lately is that it doesn't really matter.  (Someone come along and correct me if I am wrong.)  Don't stress out about it, just enjoy and definitely cross things off the list that you have been craving, as you have been doing.

Richard Schmitt

Started CN at 7PM finished at around 9:30PM. Bed at 10:30.

Try a longer window if you'd like another suggestion.  I was going to get my book out last night and read again about this -- but I KNOW he recommends like 6-8 hours for a CN.  I am not sure where the info came from, but Penny here (pensguys) always tries to get 3 separate insulin spikes on a CN, and no one argues with her.  😉As far as what you eat first, last, etc -- the vibe I am getting here lately is that it doesn't really matter.  (Someone come along and correct me if I am wrong.)  Don't stress out about it, just enjoy and definitely cross things off the list that you have been craving, as you have been doing.

Definitely enjoy your CN, and it doesn't have to start off low fat or some stressful way. Just High glycemic carbs and insulin spikes during that 6-8 hour window. Yes you don't have to ingest carbs to get that spike, leucine and whey can help with that, especially with more body fat to lose, going this route might help a little more.

Jesse
    Participant

Thanks guys. I got the 3 hour carbnite suggestion from mark bell. I figured he would have a good idea. I've been doing 5-6 hour CNs in the past I figured it wouldn't hurt to give a 3 hour window a try. I'm going to try one more 3 hour CN because I've only had one week @ 3 hours. It's all a work in progress. The way I see it is, I took 30 years putting it on, it's gonna take some good time getting it off. It's just stressful some days. Thanks for alm the suggestions.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

My Meals

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?