4 hour carb nite

• This topic has 5 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

dshugarts
    Participant

I was wondering if anyone has experimented with a shorter carb nite about 4 hours instead of 6-8 and if they had better results doing so?

TCB
    Participant

When I've been on CN, I always just pick a time on Saturday to start. Then do whatever I want after that time. So sometimes the CN is 2 hours, sometimes its 10-12. I haven't noticed any difference.

Doug Collins
    Participant

I almost always have a Carb Nite less than 6 hours.  Sometimes as little as 3.  I wouldn't say results are much different as much as it's just a personal preference/trial and error type of thing. 

CCT

^Same for me.  The carb window makes much more difference in CBL, since it's very much based on getting ll thew carbs in withing a few hours of a workout.  CN is more about spiking insulin/blood sugar, and refilling glycogen.  a long window wont do so much more damage than say a 2-4 hour window.  As long as your first meal of the day isn't super high GI you should be fine

Mine are much better when I keep them around 4 hours. 6 is okay, and I go way overboard with 8.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

4 hour carb nite

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?