4 days in CNs, diarrhea and nausea. and please what do you think of my food?

• This topic has 6 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Eidah
    Participant

Hi everyone.  I have read about 50 pages in this forum again and again and couldn't find an answer. Very educational though. Worth every second.I am on day 4 of prep phase. I  have diarrhea and nausea. I am 42 years old male 5'10 250 pounds. I get about 1700 to 1800 calories per day. I get about 158 protein, 120 fat, and ZERO carbs. except the 2 carbs I get from my 3 eggs for breakfast. I take 4 meals:no carbs, no dairy, no nuts, no cheese, no artificial sweeteners. I will add some greens after prep phase. -A filter coffee with a two table spoons of organic coconut oil-2 hours later 3 eggs hard boiled or shallow fried in a table spoon of coconut oil-4 hours later some chicken, lamb or beef, (all not lean)-3 hours before bed another meal of chicken lamb or beef. Thanks

Well, I would probably add some greens in now and get 10-15g of fiber at least. Also, have you done high fat before or did you eat relatively low fat?

Eidah
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Trevorxgage.This is my first high fat. Before this, I was not dieting I ate what I wanted. My last diet was a year ago and I had 2000 calories in it with 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fat.

Richard Schmitt

The diarrhea is most likely the transitioning to a higher fat diet and the oils “flushing” through your system. Adding some greens would be a good idea to help “hold” everything together and become “normal”.  Also, I do not know your overall body fat percentage, but if you are training (or not), it doesn't look like you're not eating enough to sustain.

Eidah
    Participant

Big Tex, Thanks for the info. My guesstemation is that I am 40% body fat. Maybe a bit more. I am not working out at the moment. I only do my office job. I lost about 3  pounds already by my 4th day.

Richard Schmitt

Gotcha, with that being said. LBM is around 150lbs, so going with the macros listed could be okay since you're not active at the moment.

Jenelle Brewer
    Participant

Coconut oil can have a cleansing and detoxifying effect.  I have been known to recommend folks start out with one teaspoon per day and work up from there.  If coconut oil is a new addition to your life, you would do yourself a favor to back off on that immediately -- and slowly work your way up.  (MCT oil is also made from coconut and can have the same effect).  Butter, ghee, coconut oil, avocado oil, macadamia oil.... Avocadoes, olives...  Make use of other fats for awhile and see how you do.

You may benefit from a digestive enzyme (Betaine HCL and/or ox bile exctract) for a few weeks to help adjust to the fat intake.

Eidah
    Participant

Thanks curious, Yup, its the first time I use coconut oil  so I will take your advice and introduce it gradually up.

Melvin McLain
    Participant

A meal of hard boiled eggs with cheddar cheese usually slows things down for me. But yeah, I'd also be suspicious of that much oil in your coffee. 🙂_

Brian Timlin
    Participant

I'd say the suggestions have been good.  I'd say definitely add in some greens to your afternoon meal, to have some fibre and extra nutrients.A lot of it is probably just your body adjusting.  It is a pretty big change initially.Also, I've some experience with bacteria and virus removal.  It was an angle I was interested in when I heard Keifer talking about ketogenic diets starving cancer cells.  Bacteria and viruses also live off glucose and can't use ketones from fats.  Healthy cells can.I believe a lot more of us than we realise have a bacteria and viral load in the body.  And I also think we can be largely oblivious to it.  Modern medicine has a long way to catch up on certain matters, not to mention with regard to diet and nutrition as well.Bacteria and viruses need glucose to survive and this diet starves them.  They could literally be dying off and their wastes and carcuses are being released into the bloodstream to be excreted.  This could also be a reason for temporary nausea or tiredness as you adjust.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

4 days in CNs, diarrhea and nausea. and please what do you think of my food?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?