Is fructose syrup the same as HFCS and what about Lactose? sweetener confusion.

• This topic has 2 voices and 2 replies.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Eidah
    Participant

Hi everyone. I read so many threads and got confused. 1- I looked at some cookies here is Malaysia and they have Fructose syrup. Is it the same as HFCS? 2- Is Lactose good or bad? I mean is it like glucose (good) or like fructose (bad)? Sorry if this is an over simplification. 3- Is glucose syrup good? just glucose? 4- is Dextrose good or bad ?5- The word (sugar) only? Does it mean cane sugar?

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Hi everyone. I read so many threads and got confused. 1- I looked at some cookies here is Malaysia and they have Fructose syrup. Is it the same as HFCS? 2- Is Lactose good or bad? I mean is it like glucose (good) or like fructose (bad)? Sorry if this is an over simplification. 3- Is glucose syrup good? just glucose? 4- is Dextrose good or bad ?5- The word (sugar) only? Does it mean cane sugar?

1.  Fructose syrup is fructose, it is not the same as HFCS.  HFCS is a mixture of fructose and glucose.2.  Lactose is a disaccharide.  It's a combination of glucose in galactose.  It's not bad at all.  Though if you are lactose intolerant you should avoid it.3.  Glucose syrup is fine, it's glucose.4.  Dextrose is fine, it's glucose.5.  Yes, generally sugar means sucrose, which is cane sugar.

Eidah
    Participant

Thank you so much ibobland08. Your posts are amazing and most informative through out the forum. Much appreciated.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Is fructose syrup the same as HFCS and what about Lactose? sweetener confusion.

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?