If chicken is not good fat source, how about lamb meat and fat?

• This topic has 8 voices and 11 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Eidah
    Participant

Hi again and thanks in advanceIs lamb a good source of fat? I read in this forum that chicken is not good. Is that true or did I miss read. I don't remember which thread. Also What if you live in a country where there is no MCT oil and quality coconut oil? What are the alternatives to be on this diet?

Melvin McLain
    Participant

Not 100% sure on the lamb, but I'd guess it's good. I don't think Kiefer likes chicken as the main protein/fat source, but it's ok to have some for variety.MCT and coconut oil are not required, just preferred (I don't use either). You can use heavy cream in your coffee or tea, and butter or bacon (and/or the drippings) on just about anything.Some of us have more to $pend on CNS than others. I'm in the latter category. 🙂

Richard Schmitt

Lamb is good along with chicken, just have fats with your ULC meals. Pairing fats with protein is essential. Butter, animal fats, some olive oil is okay. You could order some online too.

Chicken is fine. Tends to just be lower in fat.Lamb is amazing.

cloudybrain
    Participant

Ah, my favorite topic.Lamb is definitely amazing. I have this butcher near my house that actually gives me fats from lamb.. and I sometimes liquefy it to make broths for soups.Or you can get ground beef with higher % fats.. and when you cook it, make sure you save the tallow that melts off of it. Put it in a jar, and you can use it to cook eggs, or again.. broth.MCT and coconut oil does make the diet easier.. but if you're out in farm country.. it's almost the equivalent because you have better sources of getting animal meats.. hence.. animal fats.btw.. chicken does have a good quantity of fats. When you cook chicken, the saturated fats seep out of the meat and is trapped under the skin. The fats doesn't go back into the meat, and it doesn't escape the skin.. so the skin itself is loaded with saturated fats.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Chicken is fine. Tends to just be lower in fat.Lamb is amazing.

+1There are better sources of fat than chicken, but I wouldn't say it's bad.  I eat chicken wings and rotisserie chickens fairly often.

Eidah
    Participant

Thank you very much everyone. So if I put coconut oil or butter on the chicken after I cook it, would that solve the issue?

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Thank you very much everyone. So if I put coconut oil or butter on the chicken after I cook it, would that solve the issue?

You would be better off just eating the butter/coconut oil directly.  It would be too hard to tell how much fat you are actually getting if you just put it on the chicken.

Eidah
    Participant

You would be better off just eating the butter/coconut oil directly.  It would be too hard to tell how much fat you are actually getting if you just put it on the chicken.

Will do. Thank you very much.

TCB
    Participant

Unless you lick the plate after you're done.Not that I do that.....I do.

Spatz

I think quite a few of us in this forum would be perfect candidates to join plate lickers anonymous…

cloudybrain
    Participant

I think quite a few of us in this forum would be perfect candidates to join plate lickers anonymous...

I second that..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

If chicken is not good fat source, how about lamb meat and fat?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?