changed macros – do carb nite?

• This topic has 3 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

cloudybrain
    Participant

Just a quick question that I need a second opinion on.For a week I was doing ULC days and haven't been losing any weight going up and back down to the original. I haven't had a carb nite in a week and a half. So I started tinkering with my macros, and I started seeing my weight go down. I've lost 2.5lbs (which hardly happened in a long time).. I know it's because of the change in my macros.I went from 70% protein, 30% fat, less than 20g carbs.Now I am doing 30% protein, 70% fat, less than 20 g carbs.I've been at 260lbs for a month and never dipped below during that time. Now i'm down to 257.5.Should I do a carb nite if I'm now starting to see progress? Or keep on investing more time in the ULC days for another 5 days?

Melvin McLain
    Participant

Once the ULC part is working, the whole idea of a weekly carb nite is to keep it working.My greatest progress usually shows (in the mirror) on the 2nd or 3rd day after carb nite.

Richard Schmitt

You're pretty much on track with the macros. Sometimes having dominant fats with those at a high body fat benefit from more fats. It is all about making sure you find what works for you. Now training can play a role, and what you're eating in the ULC meals in general. Depending on your body fat percentage, extending the CN to every 14th day might be ideal.

cloudybrain
    Participant

alright thanks for the responses. Since the progress is fairly new.. I'll wait another week before having a carb nite. I have been having off and on cravings since it's already been a week and a half since my last refeed..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

changed macros – do carb nite?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?