CNS-HST-Calorie Questions

• This topic has 2 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi folks,So I started off on the wrong footing, with CBL instead of CNS (bought the former before the latter). And since I'm 4 days in to my Prep phase from CBL, and I am shifting it into CNS now, as it suits my current needs (max fat loss). I am currently at 204lbs, with approx 20ish% BF.Target is to go below 10% with significant lean muscle growth. CNS takes care of the dietary part, but for training, I'm incorporating a personal variation of the HST, as my training time is limited. Based on this setting, I have primarily three questions that I hope, you beautiful people can enlighten me on  🙂 :Question 1: TrainingBased on the article from Big Tex (http://athlete.io/2113/), I'm scheduling my training as follows:+ Sun: Carb Nite+ Mon: High Vol, heavy weights+ Tue: LISS (walks)+ Wed: High Vol, heavy weights+ Thu: LISS+ Fri: High vol, lower weights+ Sat: OffI am assuming this training would work, maximizing the glycogen burn following Carb Nite. Any ideas if this would be workable?Question 2: Daily CaloriesCNS did not really specify the daily calories needed for the implementation, based on the body weight. Assuming my target weight goal is 180lb, how would I figure out the daily caloric goals for myself? There should be a baseline, given that fats are easy to overeat due to the volume-calorie ratio. How do I determine this base daily calorie?Question 3: Fats IntakeFor CBL, MCTs were encouraged early in the morning, and towards the evening, butter. How do we classify and divide the fats intake and type based on the time/activity? For example, if I were to train at 1200hrs to 1300hrs, which types of fats should I take upon waking up, pre-training and post training? CNS also mentions that high protein intake compared to fats would mean protein being burned for energy instead of fats, encouraging muscle loss. Thus higher fat intake is crucial. But when would this work? I wouldn't want to consume fats at the wrong time and burn muscle instead...

The training is probably fine, Though you want to drop volume, not intensity. So lower the volume on friday, not the weight.Calories will depend. A decent starting point is x10 per current weight.Set your protein @1g per lbs LBM up to 1g per lbs, fill the rest of your calories with fat.As far as timing, it doesn't matter much except for around the workout. Pre-workout doesn't matter, though some MCT will probably give a little more energy. Then wait 1hr for your PWO shake, avoid adding fats to it, then avoiding fats for the hour that follows.

That was a fast reply! Do you live here? 😛Calories: 10x LBM am I right? Or in this case, since my LBM is not defined accurately, I should use my targeted LBM weight? So my training fuel will come primarily from leftover glycogen and fat cells?

That was a fast reply! Do you live here? 😛Calories: 10x LBM am I right? Or in this case, since my LBM is not defined accurately, I should use my targeted LBM weight? So my training fuel will come primarily from leftover glycogen and fat cells?

No, calories x10 total body weight.That will put you at a pretty good deficit as is.Your training fuel will come from glycogen at first, but as you burn through that you will rely more on fatty acids, your ability to do multiple reps will decrease, as well as maximal power output. Hence lowering volume.Also, don't expect much if any muscle gain unless you are very new to training.

Thanks. Noted.Off topic, but on BCAAs, given in CNS the refeeds are only once a week, that means BCAAs only fit in Carb Nite? Is there a sample template as on CBL for CNS, for training and off days?

Thanks. Noted.Off topic, but on BCAAs, given in CNS the refeeds are only once a week, that means BCAAs only fit in Carb Nite? Is there a sample template as on CBL for CNS, for training and off days?

On the BCAA, other then PWO, that is correct.No sample template. It's really straight forward.

On p42, abstain from counting calories. This only applies to CN? Is there a limit to this?

On p42, abstain from counting calories. This only applies to CN? Is there a limit to this?

To be honest, many people don't need to count calories at all.About half or more of the clients I work with just guesstimate their calories except for about 1 week a month.

No exception to this? I tend to go overboard with a lot of things, and playing by feel just won't work.

No exception to this? I tend to go overboard with a lot of things, and playing by feel just won't work.

Then you can count.It's not like you can't count, it's just the most people who aren't obsessive compulsive don't need to.

Ah touché! Noted. I'll play it safe till I can play by ear then!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CNS-HST-Calorie Questions

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?