Replacing Carbs with High Doses of leucine and Whey Hydrolosates on Carb Nite

• This topic has 7 voices and 12 replies.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hello, im new to the forum. I decided to sign up when i could not find what i was looking for. i have got both books CBL and Carb Nite. I like the Ketogenic part of carb nite and seem to thrive on it, mental clarity , energy, performance etc… Right now im 194 and by dexa scan 10.8% Body fat. My goal is to hit 5 to 6% bodyfat for a phot shoot. Everytime i have a carb nite i feel like crap, if its the insulin spike and not the carbs thats beneficial can i use leucine and whey hydrolsates to replace it? I cant find an answer in the book anyone have any ideas?

It's more then just the insulin spike, however you could do that and great decrease the carbs to get a similar effect. Somewhere around 1-2g carbs per lbs.

What more than the insulin spike are we trying to get from the carbs?

Glycogen replenishment which has a lot of anti-catabolic and anabolic cell signalling.

And protein has very little effect on leptin levels.Carbs have a very large effect.

Melvin McLain
    Participant

From page 39 of CNS: "Remarkably, one 6-8 hour Carb Nite completely reverses the trend by spiking metabolism and raising levels of all the major fat burning hormones, including leptin.  Carb Nite even ignites excess fat burning.  After the weeklong absence of carbs, these effects shadow soaring insulin levels, but unlike insulin levels, which fall within a few hours, metabolism and levels of all the fat burning hormones stay elevated for the next  four days. After the fourth day everything tends to fall again, making Carb Nite a vital weekly ritual while on The Carb Nite Solution."

That's exactly the point im getting at, its the carbs that cause the insulin spike and insulin is responsible for all the positives not the carbs. Thats why i prefer spiking insulin another way because carbs make me feel very bad for at least 2 days afterwards. Carbs are just a tool to spike insulin. Why would you need to replenish glycogen when you muscles and everything else is now running on fat?

Richard Schmitt

To help fuel high volume training sessions, and with full glycogen stores that will help promote muscle growth as well.

Scope75

Kiefer has said it a few times that insulin isn't the only thing needed and the carbs you eat do more than just spike insulin. If you feel like crap on your CN switch up the food and the amount.

Again, it's not insulin per-say that has the effects on leptins, it's carbs and blood sugar levels along with glycogen.

I too have the not great feeling on Carb Nite.  I think you have find which foods work for you and how to structure your day so you don't feel ill.  For me, sweet potatoes and sushi rice give me a big insulin response, but not that sickly, junk food feeling.  Are you thinking you might have a gluten allergy of some sort?

Robert x Oleary
    Participant

Just my two cents, but getting to 5% and 6% body fat is definitely more than just watching carbs. To reach those essential body fat lows, it takes quite a bit of consistent prep. As much as I like the idea of carb night solution for weight loss, to get to those extremes I don't think it is the right program. I do think that carb cycling will help you reach that goal, but to get that dialed in you need a more specific meal plan catered to your training regimen. Additionally, you should be very careful of any hormonal influences that could possibly cause you to retain body fat. For some people it is nearly impossible to reach those kinds of lows, as their body simply stops producing leptin which is a hormonal catalyst for body fat loss. Also, when trying to reach essential body fat %s, I have always had to drastically reduce my carb and fat intake purely for the purposes of burning through my own stored fatty acid. However, we all respond differently to different stimuli, and have different metabolic rates and reactions to how our diets shift. This has just worked for me in the past, and may work for you, but there is no guarantee that your body would respond the same.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Just my two cents, but getting to 5% and 6% body fat is definitely more than just watching carbs. To reach those essential body fat lows, it takes quite a bit of consistent prep. As much as I like the idea of carb night solution for weight loss, to get to those extremes I don't think it is the right program. I do think that carb cycling will help you reach that goal, but to get that dialed in you need a more specific meal plan catered to your training regimen. Additionally, you should be very careful of any hormonal influences that could possibly cause you to retain body fat. For some people it is nearly impossible to reach those kinds of lows, as their body simply stops producing leptin which is a hormonal catalyst for body fat loss. Also, when trying to reach essential body fat %s, I have always had to drastically reduce my carb and fat intake purely for the purposes of burning through my own stored fatty acid. However, we all respond differently to different stimuli, and have different metabolic rates and reactions to how our diets shift. This has just worked for me in the past, and may work for you, but there is no guarantee that your body would respond the same.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1CNS as written was never intended to get people to stage body compositions.  You must have a highly individualized diet for that.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Replacing Carbs with High Doses of leucine and Whey Hydrolosates on Carb Nite

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?