later workout than usual on carb nite

• This topic has 3 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

cloudybrain
    Participant

So this is a first for me after being on this for two years.. I think I know the answer but just wanna be sure. I've been working out in the morning and in the afternoon. But I got tons of work and can't workout till later.. like 10pm.I understand the benefits of carbs post workout.. but can I start my carb nite a few hours before my workout? There's no way I can have a 6 hour window period starting from 10pm. If I do start my carb nite before the workout.. what should I do to reap the same benefits as if I had my carbs afterwards?This is just a one time thing, and I dont wanna mess up the rhythm I currently have.

Scope75

Start your CN but don't stuff yourself before your session or skip the lift or CN and make it up another day.

cloudybrain
    Participant

I guess that was the most logical answer. I was thinking about doing carb nite tomorrow.. but i did plan it for today.. gonna have a nice big dinner with friends and family at 7. I am definitely gonna feel uncomfortable not lifting today though :-/Meh.. I'll just do the carb nite meals at 5ish and 7ish as usual.. then do the 10pm workout.. then 11:30ish do my third carb nite meal.Thanks scope75

Scope75

I guess that was the most logical answer. I was thinking about doing carb nite tomorrow.. but i did plan it for today.. gonna have a nice big dinner with friends and family at 7. I am definitely gonna feel uncomfortable not lifting today though :-/Meh.. I'll just do the carb nite meals at 5ish and 7ish as usual.. then do the 10pm workout.. then 11:30ish do my third carb nite meal.Thanks scope75

Sounds like a good plan, and the gym will always be there tomorrow so don't be afraid to just enjoy your evening.

Melvin McLain
    Participant

Lifting (or any exercise) isn't a requirement of CNS, so a day (or even a week) off shouldn't have much effect.I say just enjoy Carb Nite, then go back to your regular schedule when it's convenient.

Scope75

Lifting (or any exercise) isn't a requirement of CNS, so a day (or even a week) off shouldn't have much effect.I say just enjoy Carb Nite, then go back to your regular schedule when it's convenient.

Exactly and x2I didn't lift last weekend before my CN like usual because I wanted to enjoy a nice day/evening with my GF and then hit the session the next morning to put those carbs to work right away and it worked out great for me.

Richard Schmitt

Even listen to the latest podcast, Alex Navarro didn't train at all during the week nor before her CN, and she mentioned how well she looked/felt the next day.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

later workout than usual on carb nite

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?