Possible to build muscle and lose fat being ULC

• This topic has 5 voices and 5 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Ernie Taylor

In your expert opinions, do you think it is possible to lose fat while building muscle being ultra low carb. Keep calories, fat and protein a tad higher but have almost none come from carbs. I have read conflicting things about this. Many people say no, but many people also say that a calorie is a calorie no matter if it comes from a steak or a pizza, which we all know is bullshit.

Well you can lose fat.And you can gain some muscle depending on your training age, but it's gonna be a lot slower and harder than if you ate carbs.

Robert x Oleary
    Participant

In your expert opinions, do you think it is possible to lose fat while building muscle being ultra low carb. Keep calories, fat and protein a tad higher but have almost none come from carbs. I have read conflicting things about this. Many people say no, but many people also say that a calorie is a calorie no matter if it comes from a steak or a pizza, which we all know is bullshit.

Kind of have your answer here. You CAN create a stimulous for anabolism via GLUT4 Activation from resistance training. I know pro BB's that are KETO, but they also have... other means of adding to their mass that aren't necessarily savory, and are riddled with the sport. I don't know much about how they do this, but these guys are friggin massive 24/7/365... and probably won't have the best life expectancy. It's better, in my opinion, to stick with the tennants of CBL. This has been the best, most scientifically supported, avenue for biohacking that I've found in my own scouring of the interwebs and printed text

Melvin McLain
    Participant

In your expert opinions, do you think it is possible to lose fat while building muscle being ultra low carb.

I'm no expert, but it's working for me after some adjustments. As Kiefer said, "everybody and every body is different," so what works for me (or you) may not be best for someone else. And my situation isn't normal anyway.I have heart problems and can only do one brief workout per week, so I do H I T, with slow reps (5/5 or slower cadence) and single sets to muscle failure. Ideally, the amount of weight is adjusted in order to reach failure within 90 seconds per exercise. I currently alternate between presses/rows one week and crunches/squats the next (also do unweighted leg raises every carb nite, but don't really count those as a "workout"). I don't take supplements other than vitamins. EDIT: oops... I do take a 1200mg fish oil gelcap (360mg Omega-3).My Carb Nite is Sunday, and I first tried working out early that evening, but didn't have enough "oomph" to lift much, or even make it thru the week afterward. I then moved the workout to Wednesdays, with an added carb meal afterward. Making it thru the week was easier, but I still had little energy for lifting.I finally settled on Mondays for my workout (thanks to a post by Trevor), and have a small carb meal afterward. There's glycogen left from CN the night before to fuel the workout, and the carb meal 1hr PWO (100g or so) puts things in motion for muscle gain.Getting thru the week is no longer a problem. My fat:protein ratio on ULC days is about 1.5:1, with calories around 2k (minimum, sometimes a few hundred more). I rarely have more than 400g carbs on Carb Nite.Strength gains are slow, but definite. Weight loss is also slow, but somewhat irrelevant at the moment because I'm recomping so much. And most importantly (to me anyway) is how the strength gains are making life easier because my heart doesn't have to work so hard with simple day-to-day activities.I'm not saying this is best (or even a good idea) for anyone else, but after 6 months of trial-and-error on CNS, it's the best system I've found that works for me.

Rob Haas

Well you said expert so that counts me out. In Lyle Mcdonalds UD2 book he said it best: “without drugs your body will fight you every step of the way”. Best I've been able to do is zig zag my way around to where I want to get.

TCB
    Participant

As simply as I can say…Possible - yes.Optimal/Efficient/Fast/Easy - no.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Possible to build muscle and lose fat being ULC

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?