Fat intake increase help/macro eval

• This topic has 2 voices and 2 replies.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

John A Bending
    Participant

I'm a 39yo male, 6'3″ currently at 216lbs and 27% bf according to the home scale.  Looking to lose the gut and get down to 195 and under 20%.  I lift 4x a week with 1 hiit session (7 cycles of 3 minute walk with 1 minute sprint) on the treadmill.My macros are set at 2200 total calories, 147g (60%) fat, 193g (35%) protein and 28b (5%) carbs.Couple questions...1. How do all you guys think those macros look?2. What is a good way to increase fat intake?A typical day looks like this:6am-coffee and coconut oil8am-bacon and egg whites fried in coconut oil11am-protein and vegetables, usually steak or chicken and broccoli or asparagus  2pm-workout4pm-whey, spinach, fish oil and peanut butter shake...it actually tastes good!8pm-meat meal (steak, ground beef or chicken) sometimes I add vegetables if I have any remaining carbs10pm-casein shake before bedSeeing that I'm needy, I'm looking for someone to pat me on the back for a great meal plan or kick me in the balls for being a complete idiot.

Richard Schmitt

How long have you been doing this? Looks good and a good set up for macros.

John A Bending
    Participant

Started doing this setup the beginning of November and lost about 10 lbs in 3 weeks.  Over Thanksgiving and Christmas it was difficult to stick with it and I gained the 10 back.  Started following it again after the new year and I'm down about 8lbs…hope to get those other 2 lbs gone by my carbnite this Saturday.No doubt it works if I can stick with the program.Thanks for the input, I appreciate all the info you throw up here.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Fat intake increase help/macro eval

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?