Muscle Loss

• This topic has 10 voices and 22 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I've noticed several threads lately that all seem the have the same common concept behind them, and that is the concept that CNS is the fat loss protocol, and CBL is the muscle gain protocol, and people treat them mutually exclusively.Stop being afraid of carbs! In many situations, CBL can be just as, if not more, effective for fat loss than CNS. I personally find losing fat on CBL much easier than on CNS.

Very well said.  I don't know how this meme started.

I've noticed several threads lately that all seem the have the same common concept behind them, and that is the concept that CNS is the fat loss protocol, and CBL is the muscle gain protocol, and people treat them mutually exclusively.Stop being afraid of carbs! In many situations, CBL can be just as, if not more, effective for fat loss than CNS. I personally find losing fat on CBL much easier than on CNS.

Agreed.Facebook is God awful about this.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Actually I lied I know how the meme started.  People kept screwing up CBL and overeating.  Then people kept saying something along the lines of "well CBL really isn't for losing fat, so you should just do CNS".

Actually I lied I know how the meme started.  People kept screwing up CBL and overeating.  Then people kept saying something along the lines of "well CBL really isn't for losing fat, so you should just do CNS".

Pretty much.

Caleb Basinger
    Participant

I'm wondering which protocol I should be on.  I really want to bulk up my muscles, while also losing some more in my belly.  Because of what I read about the two protocols on the forums, I feel that these two goals are opposing each other.  Just the idea that I would have to have to shrink down sooo small (15% BF) before I can start CBL (to grow muscles) is aggravating.  But I do really want to shrink my belly size, finally getting some abs at the same time.I'll post a picture, maybe someone can give me some advice as to whether it's time to try CBL or not.https://www.dropbox.com/s/e2tf6mh37mgmwgm/BodyShot.jpg?dl=0Thanks in advance.

Richard Schmitt

You could do CBL SA as normal, just need to monitor your carb intake. Nice photobombers

SBreeze
    Participant

I'm wondering which protocol I should be on.  I really want to bulk up my muscles, while also losing some more in my belly.  Because of what I read about the two protocols on the forums, I feel that these two goals are opposing each other.  Just the idea that I would have to have to shrink down sooo small (15% BF) before I can start CBL (to grow muscles) is aggravating.  But I do really want to shrink my belly size, finally getting some abs at the same time.I'll post a picture, maybe someone can give me some advice as to whether it's time to try CBL or not.https://www.dropbox.com/s/e2tf6mh37mgmwgm/BodyShot.jpg?dl=0Thanks in advance.

I don't know, if it were me I'd do CNS for a bit and "build your muscles" by increasing foundational strength and cutting a bit. Reason is hormonally having less fat will allow for faster easier hypertrophy.Who knows, you might even hypertrophy while on CNS not really unheard of.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I don't know, if it were me I'd do CNS for a bit and "build your muscles" by increasing foundational strength and cutting a bit. Reason is hormonally having less fat will allow for faster easier hypertrophy.Who knows, you might even hypertrophy while on CNS not really unheard of.

With CBL you can do both, so why not kills two words with one stone?  I agree with you that being lean helps you build muscle (unless you are ridiculously lean), but you can watch your carb intake until say 10-12% body fat then use a more aggressive approach with carbs.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Muscle Loss

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?