Crazy hunger combining Carbnite with ESE

• This topic has 3 voices and 2 replies.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

bakare47
    Participant

Hi,Yesterday, in an attempt to try to lose even more fat after being on carbnite for some time now,I did a day of ESE and ended it with a low carb dinner. Hours after dinner, I still felt that hungry, uncomfortable feeling as if I was still fasting. The following day, (today), I experienced CRAZY hunger, and nearly got derailedand had carbs. Nothing would satisfy me, I felt as if I NEEDED more nutrition, almost the whole day. It settled down a bit after a big dinner, and some almond milk, AND a protein shake.The last time I felt hunger this strong was about 4 days after a bout of gastro where I lost tons of water weight,and couldnt keep solid food down for a day or so,.. gradually rebuilding with safe postgastro foods like bread, bananas, etc. Suddenly on day 4, when i felt i was recovered, i felt this INSANE hunger that would not stop till I had a huge carbladen meal.With the gastro, I'm thinking that my gut microbes needed replenishing or something and this "second brain" was giving me a powerful signal that it needed food, and lots of it.However, I can't quite understand why this happened by combining a day of Eat Stop Eat (24 hour fast) within my carbnite week. I mean i was eating normal quantities. Also years ago i did ESE but never felt this way. I'm very curious as to the mechanics, if anyone might have an idea, or experience. Either way, I doubt I'll ever do an ESE day together with ULC again.Some powerful hormones at work here, I feel.

TCB
    Participant

However, I can't quite understand why this happened by combining a day of Eat Stop Eat (24 hour fast) within my carbnite week. I mean i was eating normal quantities. Also years ago i did ESE but never felt this way. I'm very curious as to the mechanics, if anyone might have an idea, or experience. Either way, I doubt I'll ever do an ESE day together with ULC again.

Normal quantities as normal CNS, or normal quantities for fasting? Fasting is basically calorie restriction, so if you didn't accommodate your fasting day by eating more the other days, you were likely severely undereating.

SBreeze
    Participant

I agree with TCB, the whole premise of ESE if I recall correctly was to basically mimic a ULC diet for 24 hours then resume “normal” (carb-based) diet. Combining ESE with ULC probably caused some severe food restriction since ULC eating already has all the benefits the 24-hour fast does.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Crazy hunger combining Carbnite with ESE

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?