List of possible tweaks that can be made if stalled or want to dial in

• This topic has 1 voice and 0 replies.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

SBreeze
    Participant

After reading through people's blockades and experiencing my own, I figured I may as well write a list of tweaks that can be made in case people need them. Mind you, this list is no where near complete nor concrete, but if it helps even one person then that's awesome.ULC Food Tweaks1. If you haven't already, strip your ULC days of anything that even resembles a carbohydrate. This includes higher carb veggies like carrots and peas, and most definitely sodas.2. Aim to eat higher quality proteins. Define higher quality to be those that carry more amino acids, such as beef, pork, chicken, fish, etc. There should be all 10 EAAs covered during the day at some point. 3. Grass-fed and organic animal products will have an effect in the body. If the budget allows for it definitely try to get the higher quality eggs, butter, beef, etc. Since the body is a thermodynamic machine, it makes sense that the higher quality fuel source consumed will be beneficial to your goals.4.If training, whey protein would be the go-to PWO protein, since, as Kiefer has mentioned, it has boatloads of positive research about like antioxidative features, covering all EAAs, highly bioavailable, etc. PWO is the only time to take whey on a ULC diet, period.5. Variety is important, but not all the time. Keep meals essentially the same until boredom arrives, then change. It is far easier to gauge how to change macros or food quantities if they're the same day in day out. Although I would recommending rotating protein sources every month to make sure all aminos are obtained in the diet.6. Be careful of hidden carbs in sauces, spices, and even meats. Some things like spices may be made with rice flour (as I found out) or meats may be cured with dextrose and unless cooked, the dextrose will be ingested. Usually the less packaged the product is the better off you'll be.7. Fasting is a great addition to ULC days, especially if an early riser (5, 6, 7am..), but don't fast if you're like me and wake at 10am since you've already gone an extended period of time without food.8. Black Coffee + Coconut oil=delicious hunger prolonger.9. The type of fat used is important; animal fats are what should be used on CNS, and plant fats (bar coconut) should be minimised. I'd imagine the reason for this is that our Omega 3:6 ratio is so out of whack that skewing it more with things like olive oil is inflammatory.10. Butter. That's it.11. Supplementing with fish oil is generic for a reason, you probably need it. Not definitely but you'll need to experiment.12. I've found trying to aim for zero carbs on ULC days produces the best results for me. Take this with a grain of salt if you will.13. One way to cure yourself of bloat is to drink more water. They at least 5L for a training male, and 3L for a training female I find works well. Ketogenesis is a metabolically taxing process so making sure we're hydrated is huge. Ben Pakulski once said even a 2% lack of hydration decreases strength by 10%.14. Make your food choices enjoyable. Seriously makes this diet so much easier if satiety is reached psychologically.Macros and Ratios1. You don't need to count macros or calories, but it's far easier to tweak things if you at least have an idea of the amount of food you're eating. Personally I'll calculate the macros of one ULC day and just repeat that day indefinitely, not really worrying about variation of food amounts.2. Default protein to 1g/DESIRED BODYWEIGHT IN LBS. Then, set fat equal to half of that (famed 2:1 ratio of protein to fat). From there you literally have to feel out the way depending on energy levels, training needs, etc and increase fat. Probably the max would a 1:1 in grams of protein and fat. SO much variation in this that it really is a detective mission.3. When going down in weight, it's good to reset protein amounts every 5kg or 10lbs.4. Calories from fat can range from 50% to 75% of daily calories if the ratio is too confusing. Which it is, I know.5. In any one meal, it's good to keep usable carbs below 10g.6. If you're hungry, eat! All this theory is great, but your body knows you best.The Carb Nite1. One carb nite, test just how many carbs you can actually handle. It may very well be higher than you think, especially if you resistance train heavy. Signs of a successful carb nite include being very energetic the next day, feeling fuller, stronger, and happy.2. It's better to go down rather than up when changing carb amounts. That being said, only count if you really need to, carb nites are meant to be insane.3. If you've been having dirty carb nites (lots of gluten, wheat produced carbs, higher fat, heavily processed), then try a clean one with white starches and gluten free foods.4. And vica versa, if you've been clean, have a dirty one and don't care.5. Maybe try a low fat carb-nite?6.If you've had a starchy carb nite, try a mainly sugary one!7. And vica versa again..8. Training before the carb nite will be great for tGLUT translocation of the glucose entering the system. Will help with glucose disposal and helping appetite in the 6-8 hours.9. Intense bloating can come from a mold gluten intolerance (such as I have). Not saying it should be gluten-free, but you can certainly try one.10. Perhaps have lots of small meals (grazing) or few godly large meals (hulk)?11. Keep it low fat right till the end maybe.Training1. Hypertrophy style workouts probably should be as long and as intensive as German Body Comp, nothing more. This means no unnecessary NOS sets, giant sets, tri-sets, going to failure, etc, since glycogen wil lbe severely depleted and you simply cannot recover from it effectively.2. Low-volume high intensity training like 5x5 or 5/3/1 or even wave-loading seems to go hand-in-hand with CNS.3. HIIT train max up to 2 days post-CN. No more afterwards.4. If you've been doing HIIT 3+ times a week, dial it back.5. Try walking for an hour in the morning, fasted. It's therapeutic and relaxing.6. Creatine can be taken, don't worry about water retention.7. Carb shock can also be taken, replaces BCAAs post-workout.8. Training at most 3 times a week is optimal it seems, any more and energy levels quickly drop and cortisol goes up.Lifestyle Changes1. Use the scale smartly. The scale is great for measuring your weight, dividing by it's preprogrammed value of gravity (9.81) and spitting out your mass. Your weight varies based on: water retention, the weather, how far you are from the centre of the earth, rotation speed of the earth, and even on slopes the scale is on, it's a very blunt measurement that is good for long-term management, nothing more.2. Tapes, pictures, and compliments show progress more. Also, try isometric holds of BB poses in the mirror, they may show reduced layers of fat also.3. Please sleep. At least 8 hours.4. Reduce stress by disconnecting yourselves from stressors. Get a new job, stop talking to certain people, even stop watching the nightly news can help to reduce stress.5. Reset your hormones by eating a modified CBL style (or at least more carbs) for at least a month if you've been dieting for ages. Just as bulking stops after a certain point, as too does fat loss over time.6. DEXA scans and actually knowing your LBM and BF% metrically may help with macro calculation.7. Remember people are here to help you, you don;t have to do it alone. Ask questions, learn your body and remember to live, love, and listen.That's about all I can think of, I'm sure I've missed 213233326562165 other things, but if this helps then that's great.Feel free to add more.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

List of possible tweaks that can be made if stalled or want to dial in

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?