Leucine

• This topic has 5 voices and 11 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

dshugarts
    Participant

On a ulc day should you wait a while before eating a fatty meal after taking leucine?

Penny Danner
    Participant

I only use leucine with a PWO shake (if I'm not using CarbShock) on ULC days and on CarbNite itself before each meal that night.

Melvin McLain
    Participant

Yeah… my understanding (and my use) is 1 hour PWO.

Richard Schmitt

When are you wanting to consume leucine? And why?

dshugarts
    Participant

i only use it post workout but i was just wondering if after i take the leucine, should i wait to eat a meal for like another hour?

Melvin McLain
    Participant

No, the 1 hour wait is all that's required.

Richard Schmitt

It depends, AM or PM training?

Melvin McLain
    Participant

I thought the 1 hour wait PWO was universal... No? ???

Richard Schmitt

Yes and no, AM Training calls for a second hour wait (after the first hour wait to consume the PWO Shake) where you only consume Coconut Oil, MCT Oil, and/or Coffee. After that second hour you can eat an ULC meal and continue to do so until that evening. From then you'll backload your carbs as normal. PM training is waiting that one hour, consume the PWO Shake, then backload.

Melvin McLain
    Participant

I wasn't aware it mattered with ULC meals on CNS. Thanks.

mazdak merrikh
    Participant

Yes and no, AM Training calls for a second hour wait (after the first hour wait to consume the PWO Shake) where you only consume Coconut Oil, MCT Oil, and/or Coffee. After that second hour you can eat an ULC meal and continue to do so until that evening. From then you'll backload your carbs as normal. PM training is waiting that one hour, consume the PWO Shake, then backload.

So on CNS if I do fasted training in the AM wait one hour to take carbshock and another hour to eat an ULC meal? and this is ok for a ULC day not just CN? sorry for all the questions

Richard Schmitt

So on CNS if I do fasted training in the AM wait one hour to take carbshock and another hour to eat an ULC meal? and this is ok for a ULC day not just CN? sorry for all the questions

Correct. ULC day and the actual CN while you're training in the mornings.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Leucine

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?