Lack of weight-loss on reorientation

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Chris Maxwell
    Participant

My muscles feel great, my core feels pretty good , My love handles are doughy and annoying lol.  I occasionally feel a little strange in my brain, but I'm generally feeling pretty good, no health issues.  I've noticed I need to take a bit longer rest periods when weight training.  Clothes are fitting the same.  I feel good on the diet, I like the diet.  It doesn't seem to like me.  Carb nite is tomorrow.  My first carb nite I went dirty.  This time around I'll try going a little more clean.I'm also about to do up my freezer meals for the next week or so.  I think I'm going to add in a serving of butter soaked broccoli into each meal.  I'm going to do a weigh-in, measure and pinch at my gym tonight.  Then I'll do another one in seven days to see if there is any quantifiable results.       

Richard Schmitt

Has any of your meals changed at all? I have found that getting rid of coconut oil in coffee seems to do great and just having HWC with sausage and bacon only.

Chris Maxwell
    Participant

My diet has remained the same.  I'm thinking of cutting out the jerky, perhaps there is a preservative in the spice that's causing an issue.  Maybe I'll try cutting the coconut oil form my coffee.  Somebody had previously mentioned my fats aren't high enough, so eliminating coconut oil will be tricky.  Forgive my ignorance, what is HWC? 

Richard Schmitt

It wasn't high before, being 240lbs you were consuming very little. I did suggest bringing it up to 160g at least, just because of current weight. HWC is heavy whipping cream. I wouldn't consume pure protein like the chicken by itself. The jerky Pre workout like that might be ideal to remove if not placed at another time.

Jenelle Brewer
    Participant

I workout daily, weights, and have done so for two years.

Your body may be a BIT stressed out.  ???How long are you working out each day?  This is likely too much for Carb Nite.

Chris Maxwell
    Participant

Tex – I kinda wish there was some sort of diet generator for CNS something where you could type in your stats and it spits out a diet.  Could be a million dollar app idea!  Thanks for the tips, I really appreciate it.  I bought regular ground beef for my freezer meals.  I also bought chicken breasts again as I just like them.  But I think with those I could fatten them up by adding butter and or cheese.  The Jerky thing, yeah, that makes sense.      Curious - I've cut back to four days per week on the workout front.  I generally do 6 or 7 different exercises, 3 sets of 10-12 reps each.  It takes me about 45 minutes to 1 hour (depending on how much rest I need between sets)

Jenelle Brewer
    Participant

At this point I have still not dropped a single pound.  At first I though it might be the diet soda, I didn't drink a lot but likely the equivalent of one per day, so I cut that.  Then I cut out all gum.  But still nothing.  But I just bought my groceries so I'll be doing this for at least another seven days.  It's gotten frustrating, I feel like my body is rejecting the diet.  Even if I'm not in Ketosis, you'd think I would have at least dropped 3 lbs by now. Thank-you all for your support and kind words.  Seven more days, then if there isn't any result I'll have to reassess this plan.

I wonder if you'd be willing to try something for a week?What about ...  Not tracking.What about ...  Not weighing again until morning of your CN.Here's where I'm coming from:I was recently able to help a cousin.  Hadn't seen him for several years, but we all ended up together for a funeral.  LONG story short (I will be posting this story on my log, with details, just haven't gotten to it yet) -- I talked to him about carbs.  I sent him Jimmy Moore's Keto Clarity book.  He was ready to make a change, and he was quickly on the road to death if he didn't.  (Not exaggerating.)He's not tracking, I didn't talk numbers with him, it really was as simple as "follow the food lists in this book".  Eat THIS -- don't eat that.  That simple.The first text update I got from him literally brought me to tears:  He had been OFF all of his insulin shots for 2 weeks.  Sugars had gone from 400+ (!!!) to 120-150 with no insulin.BUT, he says, "I've gained 3 pounds."  ::)I cheered him on, encouraged him to keep up the great work, and told him I knew that the weight WOULD come off.  I knew it would.That was 2 weeks ago.  I just got another text update from him, and he is now down 13 pounds.So my point is this:  Your body is going through big changes.  If you've never done ULC (ultra low-carb) before, give yourself an adjustment period.  It really does require one.Listen to your body.  Eat meals of protein + green veggies + fat, as you've been doing.  Eat when you are hungry.  If you're just truly not hungry?  Don't cram extra food in, just because "your macros" are telling you to.I'm just saying, if you'd be willing to give yourself a week or so of relaxing a bit... just listening and taking care of your body... you may be surprised at the results you can get without having to stress out about every little detail.

Richard Schmitt

Cut training down to one or two times for the next two to three weeks. I swear that must be a problem.

Makoto Tomizawa
    Participant

Cut training down to one or two times for the next two to three weeks. I swear that must be a problem.

^I saw the best progress over the course of the week when I only did 3 or 4 HIIT sessions in the morning, and no weight lifting (except for a few sets of bench and accessories on the morning of carb nite). And the HIIT sessions were just some farmers walks. When I lifted heavy frequently and being on CN, I either saw a "meh" progress or no progress at all.

Training Log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vuwHRdBaPVILxxLhXly_N1Ys66Hcwk4j-bM7nvKSLrI/edit?usp=sharing

Chris Maxwell
    Participant

If you can see my avatar that's me, on a carb diet, at 236 lbs and 17% body fat.  I'm 240 right meow, and feel doughy in the love handles.  The leanest I've been was 220lbs last june.  I really want to get there by the end of May again.BUT  -- I adjusted my training plan to less exercises with less sets last night.  But Maybe I'll just drop weight lifting all together, do some cardio here-and-there for a while and see if that does anything.  I'm trying to take the advice from above and eat intuitively, not count my macros and generally relax for the week.  I'm getting pinched, measured and weighed tonight.  Then in seven days I'll measure and weigh again.  That will tell the story.  Thanks for everyone's input 

Jenelle Brewer
    Participant

I'm 240 right meow

You haven't been into the cat chow, have you?Lmao.  Sorry.  I couldn't resist!  You gotta love auto correct.  😀Please do post back & let us know how things are going!

Melvin McLain
    Participant

But Maybe I'll just drop weight lifting all together, do some cardio here-and-there for a while and see if that does anything.

One or two days of lifting will do more good than a week of cardio.

Chris Maxwell
    Participant

Alright meow!I shook my weight lifting program up completely.  I was isolating one muscle group per day.  But now I'm doing Day one upper, day two lower, day three rest (or cardio) day four upper day five lower day six and seven rest.  Both upper and lower days are four exercises max with 2 sets max.  The Pinch test last night revealed what I feared.  I have gone from 17% body fat back up to 22%.  But I did the weigh-in and it says I'm 2lbs down.  2lbs isn't anything to write home about, it could be an anomaly, but let's hope it's the beginning of something.    I'll be avoiding the scale till next tuesday now, so I'll keep ya'll posted

Chris Maxwell
    Participant

Looks like I’m down 4lbs as of yesterday. Still not impressive results considering I’ve been doing this one month as of the 13th. But these results have all come in the past 14 days or so. So I’m hoping my body is starting to get the hint. Reasonably sure I haven’t been in ketosis, I don’t know if I have ever been on during this journey. I’ve been taking the advice of folks and adjusted my training plan and stopped stressing about it.

I’m going to give it another week and see if I continue to lose. If I could drop 2lbs a week I’d be pretty damn happy!

Despite my results not being impressive, I believe in this program. I’ve been dieting, in some form or another, for like two years. so my body is likely all discombobulated. But I think someone trying this diet for the first time would see fabulous results

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lack of weight-loss on reorientation

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?