1) Whey Protein Isolate shakes and Insulin Spikes
- I know insulin spikes will inevitably occur and that consuming whey protein isolate shakes will cause insulin spikes. Is it ok to consume whey protein isolate shakes during meals when balancing fats are also consumed? Are there any conditions that minimize any negative effects (i.e. such as making sure the the total fat consumed during a single meal is equal or greater to the total protein)? Skip the Whey other than PWO. Get your calories from food.
2) Protein/Fat intake ratios.
- I understand the targeted range should be between .8 to 1.3x body weight. Is .8 more optimal that 1.3 or vice versa? Should I target the min or max or does it not matter. Also how close should my protein intake be to my fat intake (as close as possible but lower than fat - or are 20-60g differences ok as long as both fall in the .8-1.3 range)? you want at least a 1:1 ratio of grams of fat to grams of protein. If you are going to err, eat more fat than protein
3) I'm trying sync Carb Nite with some events in the future - after reorientation, is it ok to do a carb nite once every 8 days? Instead of the customary 5-7 day range? Yes, but not ideal. Plan ahead better if possible, but not the end of the world.
4) How much splenda is too much? Also how much cheese / saturated fats is too much? Ditch the Splenda and order Sweet Leaf
Thanks in advance! You are welcome.
Currently CBL DB (light) & SW (mod), 39 yrs old, 165 lbs & 12% BF. Goal: 165lbs, 9% BF, & better blood. Started (1-22-12): 5'9", 172 lbs, 22% BF (all BF's per Omron), & 201 cholesterol. Used CNS to get to 153 lbs, 13% BF, & 178 cholesterol. Then CBL & CNS to get to and stay at 165 lbs & 12% BF.