New to Carbnite, looking for some answers to help for wedding day

• This topic has 3 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi All,I've been doing carbnite for the past 5 weeks and I had great results the first 2 weeks but have gained some weight back and stalled over the last 3 weeks.I've been reading these forums like crazy, listening to the podcasts and trying to absorb as much as possible.Here is a little history: I went Paleo about 2 years ago and lost 30lbs. I was pretty low carb but I never paid that much attention. After gaining about 10 lbs back and getting engaged I decided to make my body my new focus (wedding!!!) and I've been experimenting with my diet ever since. I went on the 21 day sugar detox (gained weight), started working out and counted calories (didn't lose anything), and then started reading about carb refeeds especially for women who had been low carb for a long period of time. You see, over the 2 years I noticed that in the beginning my hunger was under control I could IF for long periods of time and have no issues. But recently I found that I that I've been so hungry and NEVER got full. I was eating twice the amount of food my fiance was eating and I could't seem to control it. Thats when I read about leptin and low carb diets and how refeeds can be beneficial. of course some how I cam across the CNS and decided to give it a go. Like I said before it worked really well the first 2 weeks. I lost 3lbs the first week and 2 lbs the second. Then the third I gained 2 back and ever since I can't seem to make any more progress. I just found out last week about the protein/fat ratio being 1/.5 in grams. when I did the math this came out for me to be:Protein: 135g = 540 caloriesFat: 67.5g = 607 caloriescarbs: 30g = 80 caloriesTotal: 1227 caloriesThis shocked me. I didn't realize that this diet ends up being a low calorie diet! and compared to how I had been eating this is much lower in fat. after reading the book and agreeing on the need for fats in the diet I find it hard to want to cut that back now. I also thought I read that when protein is too high you could cause an insulin response, this seems pretty high protein! especially for me who does not work out a lot.I work 11 hours a day (this includes my commute) so I haven't been able to make time to do any real training (plus I can't afford a gym membership at the moment so anything I do is done at home). I do walk about 3 miles a day and I do one strength training routine right before my carbnite but that seems to be all i can fit in my schedule right now. Based on this do I really need this much protein? I'm going to try out these macros this week but so far I'm finding it very difficult to get this much protein and that little fat. going to have to start drinking my coffee black again 🙁 I'm starting to wonder if this diet even makes sense for someone like me who is pretty inactive.you can see what I've been eating here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com//ljpizzo So does anyone have any words of wisdom for me? will adjusting my macros and lowering overall calories on my ULC days do the trick? Other notes:I'm female, 275'7"142 lbsgoal of 135lbs (at least)

Richard Schmitt

What is your height, and how much do you weigh currently?

Sorry I just realized I left that out. Just added it to OPI'm 5'7" about 142/143lbs

Richard Schmitt

Sorry I just realized I left that out. Just added it to OPI'm 5'7" about 142/143lbs

OH! Okay awesome, you're eating accordingly without training, HOWEVER I would suggest you increase fat intake to at least .65g/BW (target BW). Since the CN is to balance out the overall calorie consumption, I believe you'll be just fine. These are guidelines, but not set in stone, so if you're more hungry than the day before or vice versa, there is nothing wrong with having a bit more to eat. You wouldn't happen to know your body fat percentage do you ma'am?

OH! Okay awesome, you're eating accordingly without training, HOWEVER I would suggest you increase fat intake to at least .65g/BW (target BW). Since the CN is to balance out the overall calorie consumption, I believe you'll be just fine. These are guidelines, but not set in stone, so if you're more hungry than the day before or vice versa, there is nothing wrong with having a bit more to eat. You wouldn't happen to know your body fat percentage do you ma'am?

I really have no idea, I've been trying to figure that out but haven't been successful. When using the body measurement calculator I come up with 26.6% but looking at photos I feel like I'm a bit lower than that, maybe 23%? its just a guess

Also I can't tell you how happy I am to hear you say I can have a little more fat!!!

Richard Schmitt

Well try increasing fats for a bit. See how that will progress with body fat loss. Also use the scale once a week if that.

Well try increasing fats for a bit. See how that will progress with body fat loss. Also use the scale once a week if that.

Thanks I'll do that. I'm also worried I'm eating too much on my carb nite. This is my last carb nite: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/ljpizzo?date=2014-06-29How many carbs and calories should I strive for?Thanks so much!!

Richard Schmitt

To be honest, unless you're going into a show and overly obese, I don't think a limit of carbs are needed. Just eat to be content, and not stuffed till you're sick. If you want, you could also use whey and leucine to provide insulin spikes through the Nite.

Penny Danner
    Participant

Thanks I'll do that. I'm also worried I'm eating too much on my carb nite. This is my last carb nite: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/ljpizzo?date=2014-06-29How many carbs and calories should I strive for?Thanks so much!!

It has taken me a few tries to get to the point with CN that I'm not overeating just because the food is there.  This last one was my best one to date I think.  Before that was good as well.  I plan for 3 separate spikes with leucine.  I eat, get comfortably full then go do something until time for the next one.  Leucine, eat, comfortably full, done.  Til the next one, then after the 3rd one I'm done.  I have definitely had ones where I have caught myself stuffing myself because "I can't have this for another week" or "It's so good I can't stop" and "Oh my gosh, I'm so sick".  The one last week was "OKay, I'm comfortably full and that was good, let's go do something until time for the next one."

It has taken me a few tries to get to the point with CN that I'm not overeating just because the food is there.  This last one was my best one to date I think.  Before that was good as well.  I plan for 3 separate spikes with leucine.  I eat, get comfortably full then go do something until time for the next one.  Leucine, eat, comfortably full, done.  Til the next one, then after the 3rd one I'm done.  I have definitely had ones where I have caught myself stuffing myself because "I can't have this for another week" or "It's so good I can't stop" and "Oh my gosh, I'm so sick".  The one last week was "OKay, I'm comfortably full and that was good, let's go do something until time for the next one."

Thanks that is exactly what I go through!!! last sunday I saved the best for last.... the icecream and gluten free brownie with some chocolate covered almonds... by the time I was ready for it I was sooooo full but I was determined to eat it anyway because I had been looking forward to it all week. I did feel a little sick afterwards. I'm definitely going to dial it in next time... although this next one will be for a fourth of July party so Its hard to be really regimented for a party. At the same time I doubt I'll stuff my face at a pool party so maybe it is for the best. I think the hardest part is going to be not eating carbs till 3 or 4 when the party starts at 12. Thanks again!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New to Carbnite, looking for some answers to help for wedding day

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?