Travel & CNS

• This topic has 4 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Good morning!I just started CNS 2 weeks ago and so far so good!  My results to date have been great (lost 4.6# in the orientation phase, as well as 1/2" off my waist and 1/2" off my hips) and I do not want to back track.  I know travelling in general may slow things down as I won't be on my schedule or eating fully my foods, but I would like to stay on track as much as possible.  My question is how other CNS'ers handle traveling.  Over the course of the next week, I will be travelling (by plane) for both business and pleasure.  I am looking for any tips regarding hitting your fat intake and also exercising.  First regarding food.  So far I have packed a bag of raw almonds, protein powder packets and a 3 oz. travel bottle that I put MCT oil in (I can also do 1 for coconut oil).  I have also made and froze the Almond Scones and Hazelnut Cookies from the book that I plan to bring.  Is there anything else that you bring with you that helps you stay on track?  Staying low carb should not be a problem nor getting adequate protein.  But hitting my fat intake is what concerns me most.Secondly, exercise.  Typically I do olympic lifting and crossfit, as well as other various support lifting.  I will not have access to weights or a xfit gym in the locations I am going.  My typical "go-to" for exercise while on the road is running (3-4 miles).  Is this ok?  I am the type of person that needs to do some sort of physical activity or I start to get really cranky 🙂  Do you think that if I go for a run instead of lifting it will be ok?TIA for any tips, tricks, advice, etc... 

Richard Schmitt

1) Take some Ziploc bags or containers that have either grilled chicken and/or grilled beef patties. I do that all the time.2) How many times during the week do you run? http://athlete.io/5343/why-women-should-not-run/

Penny Danner
    Participant

It was a bit easier for me last week when I was on vacation because we stayed with my sister-in-law and had access to a kitchen.  I bought some foods with me and also bought things when I was there.  I didn't find it a problem getting in fats since I eat more protein than fat (in grams).  I found it difficult to get more protein than fat on the days I was driving.  I could have made a few better choices but Starbucks took care of the fat with the hwc in my coffee.  We stopped at a fast food place for lunch and I got a grilled chicken club swich (bacon/cheese) and tossed the bun.  On the way home I had cooked an Italian sausage before I left plus my coffee and chose to not eat/drink more than the 3 cups of coffee I had with me and just waited til I got home to eat (then stopped by again for grilled chicken clubs…two of them..no bun).Also I agree with Tex on the running. Either do HIIT intervals or walk.  I walked on my vacation.  Walking is good and your body needs some off days sometimes.

Tex,As a general rule, I don't run.  But when I travel, it has typically been my "go-to" because I need to do something and quite frankly, it can be done anywhere with minimal packing requirements.  I can certainly do HIIT instead of straight running, and even go for walks instead of running.  But without access to weights or a gym, it is an easy option.  I can also do body weight stuff (push ups, sit ups, burpees, air squats) and make up my own mini-wods.  I am guessing this is the better option? 

PS- I was planning on doing something 5 of the 7 days I would be traveling. 

Richard Schmitt

Body weight stuff can be okay. I'm just curious, what's the reason you don't have access to weights?

No gym close enough to walk and no real way to get to one otherwise. 

Check any local Wal-Marts for Oberto's Applesmoked bacon jerky. It is 9 grams of fat, 1 carb, and 13 grams of protein per serving. 2.98 a bag. Really good stuff!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Travel & CNS

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?