Failure?!

• This topic has 5 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

25 days ago started carb nite solution .. 9 days reorientation and then a carb nite every 5th day … Freely eating fats and proteins with carbs usually not reaching 30 grams … Problem is simple. Losing nothing of weight either on scale or self image,  any thoughts?

Jenelle Brewer
    Participant

My first thought is, why are you having a CN every 5th day?  Is it because you are working out a lot?  If not, once every 7 days is plenty.  If you are not active at all, you could maybe even spread them out longer, like once every 10 days.My next thought is, you said carbs "usually" not reaching 30 grams.  The program is ULC, under 30 net per day -- period.  So if you are going over at all, that may be something to reign in.What does "freely eating fats and proteins" mean for you?  Are you consuming a LOT more calories than you were before CN?  Are you consuming enough protein that it could be causing a rise in insulin?  Have you tracked your macros at all?Lastly, what do your actual Carb Nites look like?  Are you a woman or a man?  How much weight to lose?Your problem is simple, yes.  But the solution, as you can see, may not be.  There are so many variables.

Penny Danner
    Participant

I agree, your activity level will also play a factor in your macros.

1st, I had carb nites every 5th day coz I fast 15 hours a day”as am Muslim and we r in Ramadan” from 4:20 am to 7:15 pm, and kiefer said I can have them every 5th to 7th day2nd, I said "usually not reaching" 30 grams .. I meant that I rarely hit the limit and usually am under it3rd, freely eating fats that I am using cheeses on my meats and cream over my shake, as I have never experience fats on my diets beforeMy carb nites r from 7:30pm to 4:00 am two free meals at both ends with a snack in between I am a 250 lbs male, 184 cm with miserable above 30% body fatWhat really annoy me that I ve followed CNS twice before with good results getting information from the web here and there and not restricting my carbs as stressed in the book, this time I told my self that purchasing the book would support the author and get me better results, but what is happening is really pissisng me off

Jenelle Brewer
    Participant

Just a thought:  If you have had success with something twice before, why not stick with what you know works for you?  Or did you try it a third time, and it was no longer working?  I'm just saying, everyone is different and only YOU know your body, your history, your goals.  If something doesn't feel right to you, maybe it isn't.  What were you doing differently before compared to now?  If it was working for you, what caused you to stop each time?There can be such a thing as too much information.  I am a firm believer that there is also such a thing as TOO much tracking!  Personally, I can do it here and there for informational purposes, but when I find myself obsessing about food and it is consuming a large part of my day -- I know when it is time to take a step away and just live my life, for crying out loud.  I really believe I end up eating more calories because I am thinking about food all. the. time.  And if I feel restricted at all, forget about it.  I rebel against myself and my own goals.  My point is:  Maybe you did better without actually having to count carbs?

I really like ur mindset, previously I was eating low fat and low carb …. Just proteins and veggies with one fruit daily … But when I read the book.. I thought that eating fats is good in preserving muscles … But it seems that this is not for me,, specially that I don't like them anyway, and I really prefer fruits

Penny Danner
    Participant

Did you do this over Ramadan in the past?  I just wonder if your body may not like the fasting this time (if you didn't do it over Ramadan the last times) OR it could be that you don't need as much added fat.  I was eating a lot of fat for a few weeks and I gained; I had to eat more protein than fat and cut back on the cheese and cream.

No I didn't do it with fasting before, and yes u both r right, I think I should cut back my fats

samuel r walker
    Participant

Try aiming for a speciffic amount of fat, likely lower than what your eating. I keep my fat more moderate on CNS – which I consider to be around 100 g a day for myself. Im doing a CN every 5 days followed by a fasted hiit session followed by 2 full body lifts leading up to my next CN, with a day of rest inbetween each workout – minus the hiit the morning after my carb-up

I don't believe cheese is as evil as a lot of people make it out to be on ULC days, however you should monitor the amount you take in. A lot of people tend to stall over 5 oz a day because you can eat a lot of it easily. Check your cheese intake and go from there. Depending on what kind of shape you are in and your activity levels, that's how I would determine how often to have your CN. If you are very active and lift heavy weights 5 days apart is ideal. If you have a lot of weight to lose, I would stick with 7 days and if you are really overweight 10-12 days apart.What are the quality of the foods you are eating? Are they highly processed meats? How are your stress levels? work, home life, sleep, etc. Plus, because it is low carb, it isn't calorie free. I believe you have a more leeway on a low carb diet, but its still important not to overeat.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Failure?!

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?