Injuries

• This topic has 3 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

General question. How does healing fall into carb nite? Short story is I somehow tweaked by neck/back in my spine. Does following carb nite have any effect on this?Long story...I've learned I'm very sensitive to wheat/gluten, etc., and I think I got into some on accident on carb nite. I gained about 6 pounds back, and am now also having more GERD symptoms. When this happens, I feel more arthritis and other autoimmune issues...hence, I think how I tweaked my back (doing nothing). Is there anything I can do on my ULC or carb nite days to enhance healing? I have been supplementing with D, L-Glutamine, and collagen. Also, should I redo orientation? I'm definitely not feeling as depleted of glycogen as I did the first few weeks.Thanks for your help!

CCT

Redo the orientation only if you really think the gluten has caused you to derail completely. Usually, redoing the orientation wont hurt, maybe just keep your CN super clean. In terms of the injury, here's my two cents: Ive had a few sports related injuries on CN/CBL before.  1. With your kind of injury, which doesnt seem like one with excessive muscle damage, you can probably continue with regular schedule, but keep the carbs a little cleaner(i.e. more gluten free starches instead of sugars). 2.  From my experience with sprains/pulls, rest from physical activity is the most important factor in healing. 3.  Make sure to keep up the glutamine+collagen, as those also worked wonders for me when I was recovering.Summary: Since its just a tweak, try taking a week or two off from lifting, and dont go as crazy on the CN 

TCB
    Participant

Stress is stress is stress. Regardless of whether it's injury or food sensitivities. It all interconnects.There is some thought, though, that getting into ketosis can aid in tissue healing and such. So could research that and possibly try it.

Thank you very much for the input! I will definitely try to do the clean carb nite. I think that might work better for me anyways…I have a lot to lose. I think I might also try the leucine and whey when I can afford to buy some.Thanks again!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Injuries

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?