Yuck!! Help!!!

• This topic has 6 voices and 22 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

You can backload no matter what. Its just a way of eating your carbs.Besides, at your weight I can't imagine you have crazy amounts of body fat.And you need to fix your metabolism at this point, that is much more important.

Richard Schmitt

You can backload no matter what. Its just a way of eating your carbs.Besides, at your weight I can't imagine you have crazy amounts of body fat.And you need to fix your metabolism at this point, that is much more important.

Agreed. Stop dieting, stop CNS. You're only going to hurt yourself in the long run. Carb Backloading originally was written for performance oriented athletes. HOWEVER, as years passed, more research and more data has been released to suggest that simply backloading your carbs at night is truly ideal. For both a health and performance standpoint. So, with that being said, it is highly suggested you start to increase your calories weekly to help restart your metabolism, and make yourself healthy again. Which means to have some carbs each night, with sufficient protein and fats.

Sherylea Hurst
    Participant

Thank you for that… to make sure, as Trevor pointed out, that I don't increase my calories daily to much at first  and then put on a ton of weight would you suggest perhaps adding the extra fat in the form of say 2-3 tbps of coconut manna and then add just a very small amount of carbs each evening after my workout, like a bowl of rice krispies or a bowl of white rice?  Also would you say cut out all the ice cream, donuts ect and just stick to the clean version of approved carbs ( white rice ect)?  🙂

Thank you for that... to make sure, as Trevor pointed out, that I don't increase my calories daily to much at first  and then put on a ton of weight would you suggest perhaps adding the extra fat in the form of say 2-3 tbps of coconut manna and then add just a very small amount of carbs each evening after my workout, like a bowl of rice krispies or a bowl of white rice?  Also would you say cut out all the ice cream, donuts ect and just stick to the clean version of approved carbs ( white rice ect)?  🙂

I would stick to "clean carbs" simply for calorie control sakes.Also, I would be careful how you add calories. At your size and intake, it might be as little as 50 calories a week.

Sherylea Hurst
    Participant

Ok good to know so maybe just keep it to 1 or 2 TBSP of coconut oil for the entire week as an addition

Ok good to know so maybe just keep it to 1 or 2 TBSP of coconut oil for the entire week as an addition

You want 50 calories a day extra. You add in calories on a week by week bases depending on how your weight goes up.So say right now you are at 800 calories a day, next week make it 850 calories a day, then if your weight has stayed stable, 900 calories a day the following week.If your weight goes up at 850, the you stay at 850 calories a day till it is stable. Make sense?

Sherylea Hurst
    Participant

Yes that makes perfect sense, thank you

Darryl Lasiuk
    Participant

Trevor is right, look into Layne Norton's stuff, he has wrote a ton on it. Track your calories and slowly work yourself up to something sustainable like 1500 calories plus and carbs multiple days per week. You might gain weight but I bet you will look better. Time needs to be spent building muscle, you cant diet all the time.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Yuck!! Help!!!

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?