Carb Nite Carbs

• This topic has 5 voices and 14 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Adam Hays
    Participant

Kiefer mentioned no High Fructose corn syrup at any time while on CNS.  But what about regular corn syrup? is regular corn syrup high glycemic?

HFCS is okay on carb nite itself, you just don't want to be drinking it or have HFCS (Candy and ice cream) and your entire carb nite. Having said that, yes Corn syrup is pure glucose.

Adam Hays
    Participant

Ok. Thanks.  So, It's fine to have HFCS as long as it's not the “main feature” of my carb night?  My favorite ice creams ALL have HFCS, and I'd like to enjoy them on Carb Nite.  I don't have any desire for sodas, but I want that ice cream

Ok. Thanks.  So, It's fine to have HFCS as long as it's not the "main feature" of my carb night?  My favorite ice creams ALL have HFCS, and I'd like to enjoy them on Carb Nite.  I don't have any desire for sodas, but I want that ice cream

That's totally fine to have.

Melvin McLain
    Participant

HFCS is okay on carb nite itself, you just don't want to be drinking it or have HFCS (Candy and ice cream) and your entire carb nite.

+1

Adam Hays
    Participant

Thanks! That news is quite welcoming

Adam Hays
    Participant

So when I transition into CBL would it be a good move to mix protein with corn syrup in my PWO Shake? and include corn syrup with meals such as pancakes?

Richard Schmitt

So when I transition into CBL would it be a good move to mix protein with corn syrup in my PWO Shake? and include corn syrup with meals such as pancakes?

It could help, but I would opt for pure dextrose powder in the shake or go without.

Adam Hays
    Participant

ok. i got plenty dextrose.  Thanks to Wonka and his pixie sticks

Adam Hays
    Participant

Thoughts on donuts for CN – Trans fat.  I know these are bad fats and should be avoided but it is worth forgoing the deliciousness/ enjoyment?  If it would cause me to store fat or hender fat loss results in a major way i'll skip the donuts… Suggestions/ input?

Thoughts on donuts for CN - Trans fat.  I know these are bad fats and should be avoided but it is worth forgoing the deliciousness/ enjoyment?  If it would cause me to store fat or hender fat loss results in a major way i'll skip the donuts... Suggestions/ input?

It wont hinder anything and while they are bad some wont kill you.

Penny Danner
    Participant

ok. i got plenty dextrose.  Thanks to Wonka and his pixie sticks

I ♥ pixy stix!!!!  I eat them on some of my CNs!!

Adam Hays
    Participant

I wake up at 5am everyday. What's the ideal time to begin carb nite?

I wake up at 5am everyday. What's the ideal time to begin carb nite?

having 4-8 hours total of elevated insulin is needed. Figure your ideal times based on when you need to go to bed and having enough time of finishing your last meal without being so full that you can get to sleep.

Adam Hays
    Participant

Indeed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Carb Nite Carbs

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?