carb nite spacing question

• This topic has 6 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Has anyone had any success with doing carb nites every 7 to 10 days instead of every 5 days?(this is after orientation phase). I'm wondering if I may respond better to that my body seems slow to do react to just about anything. Any thoughts on this?

Bradley R. Collins
    Participant

I'm experimenting with waiting longer periods of time.  I'm currently on day 16.  It's too early to tell you any results, though.

Penny Danner
    Participant

I've always done mine every 7 days after the first 10 days of reorientation….well, I'll take that back..I did move them to 6 days a time or two to line up with an event but the MAJORITY of the time, I do 7 days.  Unless you are very overweight or have other health issues, 7 is fine.

John Shade

I've done this with success. The 7 days is arbitrary IMO. You can absolutely go longer and I think ultimately you know when you personally need a carb nite. If you're workouts are feeling flat and your energy is lowish, then a carb up is necessary. Thats not say you need to wait each time to get that point to do the carb refeed but if you're goal is fat loss, then I absolutely think that longer periods can help occasion.

Ashley Havell
    Participant

I find that the two main variables to take into consideration when spacing carb nites is a. body fat percentage-for example, the lower you are in bf then the more frequent the carb nites (however tailoring the amount of carbs per carb) and b. intensity and frequency of training sessions.

CCT

Ive never experimented with long periods without carbs (on CBL), but I think i might try one carb load every ten days just to see how it feels.  thatoneguy07--Post your results on this plan so we can see how it worked for you

Thanks for the response everyone. I will give it a shot and post it here to let you guys know!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

carb nite spacing question

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?