Guessing this is not a good idea….

• This topic has 3 voices and 5 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

DohctorSmith
    Participant

Two tablespoons all natural peanut butter, 20grams whey isolate and one tablespoon coconut oil mixed together is a very tasty snack.  Probably terrible for a ULC bedtime snack?  Was thinking the coconut oil would blunt the insulin spike of the whey, after doing some research found out that coconut oil is an insulin spiker also?

Coconut oil doesn't spike insulin, and that's probably just fine as long as you aren't over eating.

DohctorSmith
    Participant

Thanks Trevor!  Not overeating, have been in a calorie deficit for last few weeks. 

I end every ULC day, and most days in general with a mix of blended cottage cheese with a scoop of whey and some coconut milk myself.

DohctorSmith
    Participant

Days i don't end with PB, I end with cottage cheese.  Could live off of PB and cottage cheese.

CCT

^Agreed.  I do PB/Almnd Milk/Egg Yolk/Whey shake nearly every night, and have had great results.  In fact, you coconut oil whey combination is probably ven better, As I combine Whey and egg yolk in my shake, both of which have the ability to spike insulin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Guessing this is not a good idea….

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?