Leucine

• This topic has 4 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Heisenberg
    Participant

I know Kiefer recommends only up to 5g of leucine with whey protein isolate post workout on ULC days, well most protein powders already have about 5grams if you use two scoops (50-60grams protein). Does he mean to add another 5grams of leucine in addition to the naturally occurring amino acids in the whey or are the two scoops of whey isolate okay by itself? I'm using Isopure now but rotate between Isoflex and Now brand whey isolate. BTW tonight will be my sixth carb nite and i have already lost 15-20 pounds!

Scope75

Yes add another 3-5g

Richard Schmitt

Yes add another 3-5g

+1

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I know Kiefer recommends only up to 5g of leucine with whey protein isolate post workout on ULC days, well most protein powders already have about 5grams if you use two scoops (50-60grams protein). Does he mean to add another 5grams of leucine in addition to the naturally occurring amino acids in the whey or are the two scoops of whey isolate okay by itself? I'm using Isopure now but rotate between Isoflex and Now brand whey isolate. BTW tonight will be my sixth carb nite and i have already lost 15-20 pounds!

Isolated leucine functions differently than leucine that occurs naturally from the protein.  So yes that is 5 grams in addition to the protein source.

Heisenberg
    Participant

I guess I need to buy some leucine…what brand do y'all use?

Richard Schmitt

Honestly any site that sells it cheap. Right now Allmax Leucine

Robert x Oleary
    Participant

Sorry to piggy back on this thread, but is anyone else using BCAAS as their Leucine source? I use 2/1/1 in my pre- and -peri, and a 10/1/1 in my post. Started using musclemeds beef amino tablets in my backload as well (got them free in an order from my last carb powder purchase). Any thoughts on the added amino support or do you prefer to keep it Leucine specific?http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/musclemeds/carnivor-beef-aminos.html

300 Tablets  Supplement Facts Serving Size3Tablets Servings Per Container100 Amount Per Serving % DV Calories 12  Protein 3g 6%† Fat 0g 0%† Cholesterol 0mg 0%† Vitamin C 8mg 13% Niacin 2.6mg 13% Vitamin B6 2mg 100% Typical Amino Acid Profile Per 100g  CARNIVOR Beef Amino Complex  L-Leucine (Branched Chain Amino Acid) 4,253mg ‡ L-Isoleucine (Branched Chain Amino Acid) 1,793mg ‡ L-Valine (Branched Chain Amino Acid) 3,033mg ‡ L-Threonine 2,318mg ‡ L-Lysine 5,384mg ‡ L-Phenylalanine 2,504mg ‡ L-Tryptophan 384mg ‡ L-Methionine 1,236mg ‡ L-Histidine 1,334mg ‡ Non-Essential Amino Acids  L-Arginine 7,189mg ‡ L-Aspartic Acid 6,430mg ‡ L-Alanine 8,511mg ‡ L-Cysteine 500mg ‡ L-Glutamic Acid 11,436mg ‡ L-Glycine 18,950mg ‡ L-Hydroxyproline 9,066mg ‡ L-Proline 10,902mg ‡ L-Tyrosine 1,179mg ‡ L-Serine 3,582mg ‡ † % Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet ‡ Daily Value not established Ingredients: CARNIVOR 100% Beef Amino Acid Complex (Beef Protein Isolate, Beef Albumin Concentrate, Beef Immunoglobulin Isolate, Desiccated Beef Liver), Creatine Monohydrate, BCAA's (L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine), Anabolic Nitrogen Retention Technology™ Intermediates: GKG (Glutamine-Alpha-Ketoglutarate), OKG (Ornithine-Alpha-Ketoglutarate), AKG (Alpha-Ketoglutarate), KIC (Alpha-Ketoisocaproate), Di-Calcium Phosphate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Stearate.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

BCAAs are fine to use, though they don't have any insulin related benefits over just leucine.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Leucine

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?