CNS/ Resistance Training

• This topic has 3 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Adam Hays
    Participant

If I am strength Training during CNS should I incorporate a bit more protein and/ or calories overall in my diet?

You don't need more then .8-1.3g. And within the range is a preference/what meets your caloric goals. You may need a bit more food, but not a crazy amount.Just know you wont be able to train with the same volume or intensity as you would be able to with carbs in your diet.

Adam Hays
    Participant

For sure.  I want 4 things:1. to be able to feel satisfied from meals2. lift weights3. Shred bodyfat as quickly as possible4. maintain all muscle mass

Adam Hays
    Participant

where will I start to see negative benefits from protein?  I know there's no extra benefit to any more protein above 1.3g per lb but I find it hard to stay below 200g.  I like to have eggs for breakfast, half a rotiserrie chicken for lunch and a steak for dinner and then i'm at about 200g per day.. is that going to screw up my body fat loss results?

where will I start to see negative benefits from protein?  I know there's no extra benefit to any more protein above 1.3g per lb but I find it hard to stay below 200g.  I like to have eggs for breakfast, half a rotiserrie chicken for lunch and a steak for dinner and then i'm at about 200g per day.. is that going to screw up my body fat loss results?

Much past 1g per lbs you will end up converting most of it to glucose.

Adam Hays
    Participant

damnit.. How can I fill my plate/ my belly?  Too many vegetables could put me past 30g usable carbs

damnit.. How can I fill my plate/ my belly?  Too many vegetables could put me past 30g usable carbs

I personally don't really count veggies.Protein fluff is a good way.Or just do CBL.

Adam Hays
    Participant

protein fluff?  what is that?

Google/youtube it.

cloudybrain
    Participant

Well the original post didn't specify the goals.. but I can understand why he'd think increasing protein in workouts would be best fit for CNS.In my own experience, I found that eating the same amount of protein as what's been suggested here, did not aid in my fat loss. In fact, I was becoming more "buff" because of it.My advice though, if you ARE going to increase your protein intake, also increase your fat intake. For every 1 gram of protein you eat, you eat .5g of fat (or more). That way, your body uses ketones as the primary source of energy, and not amino acids for glucose. Start from the baseline, where you take the lean body weight that you want to be at, so if you're lean at 170 lbs, then you eat 170 g (in my case I'm heavier but I eat less than this, otherwise I get more buff).. and you eat 85g of fat along with it.The leaner you get, the more you'd have to change your macros as your body is becoming a powerhouse of moving energy quicker.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CNS/ Resistance Training

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?