Milk

• This topic has 9 voices and 13 replies.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Adam Hays
    Participant

How good is skim milk as a protein source on carb nite?Also- how are raw eggs as a protein source? I heard a myth that we can't absorb the nutrients from raw eggs

Rob Haas

That is a myth about raw eggs. What you should be concerned about is salmonella.Can't help you with the milk question. Don't drink it at all.

Melvin McLain
    Participant

FWIW, these questions were asked and answered here.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

That is a myth about raw eggs. What you should be concerned about is salmonella.Can't help you with the milk question. Don't drink it at all.

That's not really a myth.  Uncooked egg whites have poor protein bioavailability.  Also biotin deficiency is a concern with raw eggs too because of Avidin, which is destroyed from cooking.

Richard Schmitt

What about breast milk? Any open thoughts about that? I ask because a woman was selling some to pay for Christmas.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

What about breast milk? Any open thoughts about that? I ask because a woman was selling some to pay for Christmas.

It's probably disgusting, but I'd say it's a go!

Jenelle Brewer
    Participant

Tex, if you give the breastmilk a shot, please let us know how that goes.Are you serious?I know there are men out there who happen to love "sharing" when their wives are lactating.  No, I am not talking from experience.    But I doubt it's disgusting.  Babies love it!  Can't get enough!  😀

Richard Schmitt

Tex, if you give the breastmilk a shot, please let us know how that goes.Are you serious?I know there are men out there who happen to love "sharing" when their wives are lactating.  No, I am not talking from experience.    But I doubt it's disgusting.  Babies love it!  Can't get enough!  😀

...I wasn't going to try any...I read it on Facebook and it was rather hmmm interesting. I don't think I would buy it or try it any time soon. I don't think I'll find it but it was an article.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

But I doubt it's disgusting.  Babies love it!  Can't get enough!  😀

The woman's diet heavily effects the flavor.  From what I heard it tastes a lot like what the woman has been eating recently and I also heard it doesn't taste good.  Personally that grosses me out.

Richard Schmitt

My stomach churned after reading that, because I know of the types of cravings someone can have

Spatz

I've heard it tastes really good actually. Sweeter than cows milk and thicker. I would not hesitate to try some if I had the chance 😛 just saying. Also it's suppose to be highly nutritious (makes sense) so I wouldn't knock it until you've tried it. I doubt it takes on THAT much flavor from what the lady's been eating. Same as any animal's milk.

beelly
    Participant

Nothing wrong with breast milk. I've tried it. It's fine.

cloudybrain
    Participant

Would definitely be a better bet than whatever dairy is available at a local supermarket, because of the live beneficial cultures. Just make sure when you get it, you don't get something dangerous embedded inside of it.As for milk, didn't kiefer say this is actually really good to have when you feel like you're going into hypoglycemia because it has a low glycemic index, makes other foods have a lower glycemic index.. but raises the insulin index.. which is fine as it raises your insulin response.Personally.. I'd eat like 5-6 eggs post workout.. have milk with my pwo-shake.

Penny Danner
    Participant

I've heard it tastes really good actually. Sweeter than cows milk and thicker. I would not hesitate to try some if I had the chance 😛 just saying. Also it's suppose to be highly nutritious (makes sense) so I wouldn't knock it until you've tried it. I doubt it takes on THAT much flavor from what the lady's been eating. Same as any animal's milk.

+1. My hubby tried it when my kids were babies...highly nutritious.  Colostrom is given to cancer patients because of its antibiotic properties.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Milk

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?