CN advice

• This topic has 3 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Gianluca Panici
    Participant

Hello! This is not my first round of CNS but it is the first time at my new weight (I made very poor health decisions senior year/last semester ha) and after my first carb nite, I'm not feeling as lean as I used to after CN. My CN looked like this:6pm: Chicken breast (2)Baked Potato (3)8pm:Ice creamFudge Stripes/Thin mint cookies (in moderation)10pm:2 double cheeseburgers and a large fry from McD'sCarbs/protein/fat looked like 375.6/116.9/110.6. I'm just looking for some advice on whether my night should be cleaner/lower fat/etc. I'm not expecting a miracle after my first CN but I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.Oh! I'm 5'8", 175 pounds, around 25% bf, if that helps.Thanks in advance!

Richard Schmitt

How long have you been doing CNS? Any training? Do you monitor/track your ULC week? Male or female? Personally, I would suggest better forms of carbs, yeah the baked potato is great, but the other stuff. The McDonald's? Haha, not a fan of them but I would think you would do better seriously going to an actual restaurant that has real beef and buns. Look for more bakery/pastry type carbs and glucose/starch based carbs.

Gianluca Panici
    Participant

I'd been doing ULC for a few weeks before the carb nite. Like I said, I wasn't expected the weight to fall off after my first carb nite, I just wanted to get my diet on the right track so I can lose weight over the course of the diet. I'm using the mirror and how I feel rather than a scale because this proved to work better for me last time when monitoring my carb nites. I'm just getting back into training, lifting 4 times a week with one HIIT session. I am a male. I do monitor my weeks with MFP to make sure I'm below 30 carbs a day, which is relatively easy for me. The McDonald's wasn't the highest point in my weight loss career...but my roommates were going so I decided to feast along with them.

Richard Schmitt

I'd been doing ULC for a few weeks before the carb nite. Like I said, I wasn't expected the weight to fall off after my first carb nite, I just wanted to get my diet on the right track so I can lose weight over the course of the diet. I'm using the mirror and how I feel rather than a scale because this proved to work better for me last time when monitoring my carb nites. I'm just getting back into training, lifting 4 times a week with one HIIT session. I am a male. I do monitor my weeks with MFP to make sure I'm below 30 carbs a day, which is relatively easy for me. The McDonald's wasn't the highest point in my weight loss career...but my roommates were going so I decided to feast along with them.

I would worry about your ULC week right now and get that in order.

nowyourdeadson
    Participant

the truth is that if you're on point for the other 6.5 days, you can pretty much do whatever you want on carb nite.I just dieted down to very low bf levels doing a very, very similar approach (palumbo diet.. very ULC).. with a 1-hour gorge every sunday night.. and when I say gorge, I mean GORGE.. I ate so much that I couldn't move or breathe.. then I'd wake up feeling great and keep losing.I've never tried an entire night of carbs, as I always have a tendency to eat myself til pain within 30-60 minutes.it works though, you can get crazy lean doing that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CN advice

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?