Hugh Jackman went low fat

• This topic has 5 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Ernie Taylor

Hello,Maybe this is or isn't the place for this but when Hugh Jackman was getting built up for Wolverine, he went low carb on non workout days, high carb the day of, but he also went low fat. Ate a lot of breast meat rather than thighs and drums. I am just wondering how he did this without getting headaches. I thought fat was a very important part of muscle sustaining and growth. Any input?

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

His average fat consumption was likely still within the acceptable range.  If he eats 100 g of fat 4 days per week and 35 g of fat three days per week, that is an average of 72 g of fat per day, which is still a decent amount of fat.

Rob Haas

…and 2 grams of test a week. LOL.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

...and 2 grams of test a week. LOL.

Lol yea obviously I wasn't attributing his success to his diet.

Nicholas Alonzo
    Participant

Hello,Maybe this is or isn't the place for this but when Hugh Jackman was getting built up for Wolverine, he went low carb on non workout days, high carb the day of, but he also went low fat. Ate a lot of breast meat rather than thighs and drums. I am just wondering how he did this without getting headaches. I thought fat was a very important part of muscle sustaining and growth. Any input?

Genetics? Drugs? maintained a calorie deficit? any combination of those. I think of carb backloading as a optimal diet program but other diet programs like low fat can still work just not nearly as effective.

Robert x Oleary
    Participant

Honestly, every action actor has professional grade hormone support. It's easy to get legally from various specialty services that promote hormone “testing and optimizing”. You can legally buy pro hormones from your local supplement shop too, though they are on the verge if being deemed a class 3 controlled substance. Even then. It's diet, work ethic, and "supplements" that cone into play. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TCB
    Participant

Similar to what ibob said.. "Low fat" is relative.. In all likelihood, it was probably more a case of replacing fat calories with carb calories on his training days.... which is the way it should be done if health is of any concern for you. high carb + high fat = potentially problematic

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Similar to what ibob said.. "Low fat" is relative.. In all likelihood, it was probably more a case of replacing fat calories with carb calories on his training days.... which is the way it should be done if health is of any concern for you. high carb + high fat = potentially problematic

Care to explain?

Rob Haas

Just kidding about the steroid use. I really have no idea.Curious though about where you read "low fat"? Only article I saw was in mens fitness or something like that, that he just ate clean 6 meals a day.Not that anyone's going to get the real truth on what he ate or how he trained. I'm sure he was sworn to secrecy by his Hollywood trainers.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hugh Jackman went low fat

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?