PWO During Carb Nite

• This topic has 7 voices and 11 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

tmags

Im currently doing CBL to gain strength and muscle mass.  My plan is to switch to CN in April or May to lower my body fat percentage. If I lift heavy on my non carb nite (Days 1-4) during CN, do I take the PWO shake including the carbs to prevent muscle breakdown just like you do on CBL, and then continue with low carb until my carb nite (Day 7)?

PWO shake with No carbs.

tmags

So if I do Shockwave protocol on days 1 through 4 maybe 5 I keep my carbs below 30g /day and take the PWO shake following the strength training, correct?  On day 7, the actual carb nite, I work out late in the day and load up on the carbs.

So if I do Shockwave protocol on days 1 through 4 maybe 5 I keep my carbs below 30g /day and take the PWO shake following the strength training, correct?  On day 7, the actual carb nite, I work out late in the day and load up on the carbs.

You don't even have to train prior to the carb nite itself. Understand that on CNS you can't handle the same amount of volume as you would otherwise. Shockwave as written is good for CNS, but don't go right to the point of adding a bunch of HIIT and a bunch of extra stuff on top of it.

Richard Schmitt

You don't even have to train prior to the carb nite itself. Understand that on CNS you can't handle the same amount of volume as you would otherwise. Shockwave as written is good for CNS, but don't go right to the point of adding a bunch of HIIT and a bunch of extra stuff on top of it.

+1, Please don't.

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

Understand that on CNS you can't handle the same amount of volume as you would otherwise.

Well you can. But you'll gain fat and lose muscle. At least I did which is sad for putting in all that work and effort.  :-

mazdak merrikh
    Participant

Understand that on CNS you can't handle the same amount of volume as you would otherwise.

Well you can. But you'll gain fat and lose muscle. At least I did which is sad for putting in all that work and effort.  :-

+1 I made that mistake this week and it was very discouraging. I was trying mi40x 7 day prep and noticed that even though my carbs were well under 30g (not counting Carb Shock) my gut started sticking out even more than the following week 🙁 I'm going back to shock waive next week only lifting heavy after tonight super bowl super carbnite!

Penny Danner
    Participant

+1  I LOVE Shockwave.  These guys know what they are doing.  It is still working for me and I'm doing NO HIIT and modifying it because I broke my foot (only the leg workout is majorly modified for me; the others are as written).

tmags

Thanks.  So basically you can continue to do the shockwave protocol on CN recognizing that as the week goes on you may be weaker.  Last question I have is when you take the PWO shake recommended minus the carbs, should you include the leucine in the shake?

Richard Schmitt

Yes.

Stephen Williams
    Participant

+1, Please don't.

I had a question about this myself.  I'm military and have to do some cardio to pass a run as I don't have the option for an alternative this spring because of recovering from an injury.  I'm on CNS and try to do HIIT 2 times a week but want to keep lifting to keep my strength up.  I have to do a mile and a half run so I do 6 sets of 2min on and 3 min off of a total of 30 minutes to regain some running strength 1-2 times a week within 3-4 days of Carb Nite.  Will doing this on a 5 day carb nite schedule along with only doing the 0 and 1 PSR lifts in Shockwave minimize the chance of overtraining.This past fall I made the mistake of thinking more is better and after slimming down and maintaining that while have 6 months of no workout whatsoever and maintaining a weight of 188-190 with a 31" waist, within a month around Thanksgiving I shot up to 205 and waist has been 33.5-34.5" ever since.  I even took a break over Christmas and tried to have daily backloads to allow for some weight gain while trying to let my body recover.  I never got over 210 just by avoiding Carbs for breakfast.  All this time I have lost my appetite completely until I started taking NOW Super Enzymes.But to sum this up, my main question is Shockwave 0, 1 only with 2 HIIT sessions within 3 days of carb nite or can I do the higher volume add ons (2)?

Richard Schmitt

You can do all of Shockwave with a HIIT session. (I would think just the one HIIT is good.) That as written is perfect for CNS.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

PWO During Carb Nite

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?