Feeling real tired and weak

• This topic has 3 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anna C Sprouse
    Participant

Been on cns for about 5 weeks now. I have drastically reduced my workouts from 3 high intensity cardio sessions to 1 or 2 max HITT per week, and lifting from 3 times to 1 or 2x/week. Also do some moderate walking.I eat a lot of cheese and fats (coconut oil, heavy cream)which I read were supposed to help with energy. Even after a carb nite, I feel that in general my strength for lifting is decreasing or stuck because I can't do it as often to practice and increase in strength.Is this tired, weak feeling something to get used to? I feel good..my system feels good. Feel healthy overall. But less energetic overall as well. 

Jenelle Brewer
    Participant

Have you considered carb backloading?Kiefer always says that for CN you have to decrease training volume.  I have found that to be true.

Penny Danner
    Participant

What curious said is true, but you should still have a few to 5 good days at least after CN.  How often do you CN?  What are your daily calories like?  I know I can feel very run down if my calories are too low.You've cut back on your volume, but the HIIT may be depleting you.And you didn't mention if you are male or female?  Women can do more HIIT; guys can do less generally.

Anna C Sprouse
    Participant

I don't closely track calories. I rarely feel hungry though, so I eat accordingly. I would say I average about 1500 calories a day. I do HIIT only about once per week. And sometimes have a second intense cardio session. But no more than that. I am female. I may try carb backloading, but to reach my goals of fat loss, I don't feel at this time it is wise to do more than one carb nite per week. I have maintained but not lost weight past few weeks.

Rob Haas

I know I can feel very run down if my calories are too low.

Again Penny is on to something here.I'd just try a small change, nothing drastic at this point...add 200 calories.Sounds to me that you have adapted and metabolic signaling is saying slow down. Adding some fuel should stoke the flame.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Feeling real tired and weak

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?