3 week prep phase

• This topic has 3 voices and 5 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Joseph Herrmann
    Participant

In my prep phase for carbnite. Im on day 14 and i feel good. Ive seen somewhere that kiefer makes athletes do longer prep phases. Right now i have a higher body fat percentage. 15 to 20 percent most likely. I have a good amount of muscle also. Been lifting for years. Ive been to the gym about 7 times during these 2 weeks. Im also working 50 hours a week at a fairly active job. My postworkout consist of whey isolate and carbshock and creatine an hour after i lift. Ive stayed extremely low carb. Certain days  I dont even come close to 30 some days. That being said I do eat alot. My goal is weightloss mostly but mainaining or gaining muscle is important also. Just wondering if i should do my carbnite tonight or wait until next Sunday. Its weird because in the past there were times when my carbnite couldnt come soon enough. Now it feels like i really dont need it yet. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Penny Danner
    Participant

I suggest doing your CN tonight.  The book suggests 5-14 days apart but if you are lifting as often as you are, then you may benefit from having them weekly.  I'd do it tonight to get the hormonal reset, see how your lifts go this next week, then possibly plan for another one next Sunday. If your lifts suffer toward the end of the week, definitely do one next Sunday.  If they are fine toward the end of next week, maybe you could stretch it out to 10 days but I usually start feeling pretty beat as well as a few other physical symptoms (dry eyes/mouth) and my lifts are HARD right about 5-6 days into my ULC week.

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

Goodness 3 weeks seems like an awfully long time to do a prep phase. If you kept things in check you're ready for a CN. Do what you like but waiting much longer seems unnecessary.

Rob Haas

Goodness 3 weeks seems like an awfully long time to do a prep phase. If you kept things in check you're ready for a CN. Do what you like but waiting much longer seems unnecessary.

I agree and IMO more than needed can actually be a setback.

Joseph Herrmann
    Participant

So i listened to you guys, but i still went to the gym that day and did 1 last workout before I did my carbnite. I actually did feel a little sluggish at the gym so I think it was the right time to have a carbnite. I kept it cleaner than most carbnites though. I used Cherry Turnovers and rice and of course Carbshock. My next carbnite will be in 10 days I think. I feel great and I'm seeing progress.

Penny Danner
    Participant

Good!  Glad to hear it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

3 week prep phase

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?