️️Bacon

• This topic has 4 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

dshugarts
    Participant

It seems as if every time I eat bacon it makes me hold on to my water weight from carb nite is it because of the salt? Should I stop eating it?

Penny Danner
    Participant

I drink extra water. I also put celtic sea salt, just a pinch in every other 24oz cup to get the healthy, natural salt in my body vs processed sodium.  I don't seem to retain as badly.  And I eat bacon almost every day.

dshugarts
    Participant

is it possible that I will gain fat if still eat it though? with holding onto the water?

Richard Schmitt

I don't you'll gain fat, but eating over excess of calories could do that, but it is the sodium.

dshugarts
    Participant

Ya I would just be having a couple of pieces not over eating but I don't want to risk gaining fat

Penny Danner
    Participant

Fat doesn't make you fat.  I eat some bacon almost every day and I'm losing fat.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Is it making you hold excess water?  You should be holding some water.  It's actually healthy and good for performance.  It's not good to be dehydrated all the time.  Also are you male or female?

dshugarts
    Participant

I am a female and it doesn't make me gain any just my weight will not go down from my carb nite

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I am a female and it doesn't make me gain any just my weight will not go down from my carb nite

How long does it take for your weight to return to pre-carb night levels?

dshugarts
    Participant

Sometimes not until the day of my next carb nite

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Sometimes not until the day of my next carb nite

This actually is not uncommon.  Many females deal with this as women hold on to glycogen for 5-6 days.  To deplete glycogen quicker, you have to exercise.  The best exercise for this is HIIT, though increasing training intensity will also work. 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

️️Bacon

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?