CBL & Fat burners?

Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)
  • Author

shaerow

When you can only achieve it through stimulants, how are you going to keep it? Just think about it  😉

Definitely a great point to this. The stimulants being spoken of (nicotine/ephedra(/aspirin a little)) are also highly carcinogenic.

AdamFiddler

When you can only achieve it through stimulants, how are you going to keep it? Just think about it  😉

Definitely a great point to this. The stimulants being spoken of (nicotine/ephedra(/aspirin a little)) are also highly carcinogenic.

Do you have references for this statement?

business

Just to clarify Kiefer believes Fat burners are a bandaid to improper diet right? Is the mct oil in the am going to keep fat burning going? Or stop it and feed mtor? What if I just drank coffee and took humapro? Or add humapro instead of whey to my coffee and mct oil? I'm trying to get as lean as possible I'm at 5-6% now and have a show coming up any suggestions?

CptSmash

Just to clarify Kiefer believes Fat burners are a bandaid to improper diet right? Is the mct oil in the am going to keep fat burning going? Or stop it and feed mtor? What if I just drank coffee and took humapro? Or add humapro instead of whey to my coffee and mct oil? I'm trying to get as lean as possible I'm at 5-6% now and have a show coming up any suggestions?

It's true that Kiefer doesn't regard fat burners in the highest regard, and most results are going to be attributed through dietary interventions as mentioned in CBL.  However, I would argue for sake of argument that certain substances that enhance secretion of epinephrine and nor-epinephrine could prove useful in mobilizing fat stores to increase lipolysis and fat oxidation.In regards to MCT oil it serves both purpose, but only in small amounts.  Too large of a dose of MCT oil will cause too many ketones to be released in the blood stream that will thusly increase insulin secretion; whereas a small dose will increase ketones and assist mTOR from degrading muscle tissue (someone chime in if I'm wrong on this point on mTOR).  The use of MCT has proven to increase FA release from adipocytes when supplemented in the diet.  Sorry, I can't find the research paper on the subject I wanted, but included several other articles on MCTs.  Baba N, Bracco EF, Hashim SA. Enhanced thermogenesis and diminished deposition of fat in response to overfeeding with diet containing medium chain triglyceride. Am J Clin Nutr. 1982;35:678-682. St-Onge MP, Ross R, Parsons WD, et al. Medium-chain triglycerides increase energy expenditure and decrease adiposity in overweight men. Obes Res. 2003;11:395-402. Beermann C, Jelinek J, Reinecker T, et al. Short term effects of dietary medium-chain fatty acids and n-3 long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids on the fat metabolism of healthy volunteers. Lipids Health Dis. 2003 Nov 17Scalfi L, Coltorti A, Contaldo F. Postprandial thermogenesis in lean and obese subjects after meals supplemented with medium-chain and long-chain triglycerides. Am J Clin Nutr. 1991;53:1130-1133. Seaton TB, Welle SL, Warenko MK, et al. Thermic effect of medium-chain and long-chain triglycerides in man. Am J Clin Nutr. 1986;44:630-634.

AdamFiddler

Yeah...does anybody else find it a little weird that the cover model of the Humapro website is a 262 lb. woman?

business

thanks gremlin 

TheDan
    Participant

Yeah...does anybody else find it a little weird that the cover model of the Humapro website is a 262 lb. woman?

That stuff is for real, i heard she injects it straght into her butt cheeks. Most Bioavailable protein ever! LOL

MICHAEL A. NANTZ
    Participant

I have been using Cellucor super HD fat burner (160 mg of caffeine) during my prep phase and I have lost a total of 10 lbs. so far. I have only been taking one pill first thing in the morning. It was mainly to keep from having to drink the coffee because “I gotta have some good creamer when i drink coffee.” I can t stand it black. I am almost done with my prep phase and may drop the FB after that…….we will see. It might be worth trying to give a little extra boost. I may also try the morning accelerator that he mentions in the book once I start back loading. It might be bearable with some vanilla protein powder and some coconut oil. 😉

This thread has obviously gotten a lot of attention since I dropped the nicotine bomb. Let me tell you a few things about nicotine:

• nicotine is one of the most potent lipolytic agents we know of (burns fat like a grease fire)
    • nicotine is powerful at stopping fatty acid turnover forcing cells that release fat to not re absorb it.
    • and here's the punchline: nicotine is a non-nutritive stimulator of the mTOR pathway of growth

Used intelligently and in moderation, nicotine is f'n amazing. Sooner or later I'll get a chance to write about it in more detail.

From what it sounds to me, nicotine supplementation in the morning could increase the effectiveness of the morning fast.  The reason we take coconut oil at the 12 hour mark is to stimulate the mTor pathway for growth and keep mTor activated from the previous nights training.  If we didn't include coconut oil, at the 12 hour mark mTor would start to wane.  However the downside of including coconut oil is it shuts off macroautophagy.  Thus by using nicotine, we can keep mTor humming along as well as keep the benefits of both macroautophagy and chaperone mediated autophagy in addition to the lypolytic effects of nicotine itself.  From this information, I would advise against the morning coffee/coconut oil/whey shake for those of us supplementing with nicotine and simply use it instead.Kiefer or anyone else please feel free to correct me if I am mistaken in my understanding of the biological mechanisms at work here.  This is simply my best understanding of the research I have read and Kiefers recommendations (from his posts on nicotine as well as his Intermittent Fasting articles).

Can anybody elaborate on this? Do i stop taking mct if i want to take nicotine? Or do i supplement with both.

Gl;itch.e

This thread has obviously gotten a lot of attention since I dropped the nicotine bomb. Let me tell you a few things about nicotine:

• nicotine is one of the most potent lipolytic agents we know of (burns fat like a grease fire)
    • nicotine is powerful at stopping fatty acid turnover forcing cells that release fat to not re absorb it.
    • and here's the punchline: nicotine is a non-nutritive stimulator of the mTOR pathway of growth

Used intelligently and in moderation, nicotine is f'n amazing. Sooner or later I'll get a chance to write about it in more detail.

From what it sounds to me, nicotine supplementation in the morning could increase the effectiveness of the morning fast.  The reason we take coconut oil at the 12 hour mark is to stimulate the mTor pathway for growth and keep mTor activated from the previous nights training.  If we didn't include coconut oil, at the 12 hour mark mTor would start to wane.  However the downside of including coconut oil is it shuts off macroautophagy.  Thus by using nicotine, we can keep mTor humming along as well as keep the benefits of both macroautophagy and chaperone mediated autophagy in addition to the lypolytic effects of nicotine itself.  From this information, I would advise against the morning coffee/coconut oil/whey shake for those of us supplementing with nicotine and simply use it instead.Kiefer or anyone else please feel free to correct me if I am mistaken in my understanding of the biological mechanisms at work here.  This is simply my best understanding of the research I have read and Kiefers recommendations (from his posts on nicotine as well as his Intermittent Fasting articles).

Can anybody elaborate on this? Do i stop taking mct if i want to take nicotine? Or do i supplement with both.

Depends. LOL. What variant of CBL are you using? If you are using SA and have been taking MCTs/Coconut oil on waking you could probably hasten fatloss somewhat and still spare muscle by removing them and using nicotine gum in the AM. Actually Im not sure about that autophagy statement bbuchan made. I think you are going to get CMA regardless, but doubtful youll get the other types as its switched off my mTOR activation, which usually requires food, but is replaced by nicotine in this instance.

Depends. LOL. What variant of CBL are you using? If you are using SA and have been taking MCTs/Coconut oil on waking you could probably hasten fatloss somewhat and still spare muscle by removing them and using nicotine gum in the AM. Actually Im not sure about that autophagy statement bbuchan made. I think you are going to get CMA regardless, but doubtful youll get the other types as its switched off my mTOR activation, which usually requires food, but is replaced by nicotine in this instance.

Im on cbl SA. I still feel like tsking MCT for the fat calories. Will mct conflict with the nicotine gum, does it really matter?

Gl;itch.e

.Depends. LOL. What variant of CBL are you using? If you are using SA and have been taking MCTs/Coconut oil on waking you could probably hasten fatloss somewhat and still spare muscle by removing them and using nicotine gum in the AM. Actually Im not sure about that autophagy statement bbuchan made. I think you are going to get CMA regardless, but doubtful youll get the other types as its switched off my mTOR activation, which usually requires food, but is replaced by nicotine in this instance.

Im on cbl SA. I still feel like tsking MCT for the fat calories. Will mct conflict with the nicotine gum, does it really matter?

It will complement some of the effects of the nicotine (mTOR) but it probably isnt going to increase fat burning that substantially if you are using it after the MCTs. You could try chewing the gum first for about 30mins before having any calories. That may help more. I would wait until Kiefers nicotine article (which he said would be out shortly) is posted so you can start off optimally. Edited for formatting errors. Soz.

As long as it doesn't STALL fat loss by combining with MCT then i'm fine with that. Just not wanting any negative affects. Im on cbl SA. I still feel like tsking MCT for the fat calories. Will mct conflict with the nicotine gum, does it really matter?

It will complement some of the effects of the nicotine (mTOR) but it probably isnt going to increase fat burning that substantially if you are using it after the MCTs. You could try chewing the gum first for about 30mins before having any calories. That may help more. I would wait until Kiefers nicotine article (which he said would be out shortly) is posted so you can start off optimally.

Will the calories in the gum break to am fast ?

Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CBL & Fat burners?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?